This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I don’t know about you, Collegiettes, but the beginning of the second semester has always been rough for me. I find myself constantly tired, worn out, and unmotivated. That’s why this semester, I tried something new. I made myself a “Semester Bucket List”! Three weeks into the new semester, I can already say that I’m feeling great about my goals– personal, academic, and otherwise. But why should you make a bucket list?

It helps you prioritize!

What do you want to do most? Take a road trip to somewhere you’ve never been? Learn a language or instrument? The possibilities for the goals on your bucket list are infinite. When you find the few things at the top of your bucket list, it’ll help you keep your priorities in check.

You can learn something new about yourself!

So you’re a nutrition major, but the first thing on your bucket list is to own your own boutique? Writing down what your major life goals are can help give yourself insight as to who you are. Who knows? Maybe your bucket list will influence you to change your life.

It’ll get your butt in gear!

When I make a goal for myself, I try my best to hold myself accountable for it. Holding yourself accountable for your goals will make you more likely to achieve them, just based on the fact that you wrote them down in the first place. This is why I hang my goals in a place I can see them every day—the constant reminder is all the more motivation!

What’s on your bucket list, Collegiettes?

Sources [1] [2] [3] [4]

Brittany O'Neil

U Mass Amherst

Brittany is a junior at UMass Amherst with a double major in Early Childhood Education and Psychology. In addition to being a content editor for the best Her Campus chapter, she also works for the STEM Ambassadors Program, and is a Peer Mentor. She's obsessed with Netflix, sarcasm, and gifs. Lots and lots of gifs.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst