Why Staying in Is Underrated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Going out. It’s not a new thing to most college students. Some start right on Thursday night, go to class Friday morning, and then party until Sunday. Though, as students get into their upperclassmen years, some realize that staying in can sometimes be better than going out. Here are just a few reasons you might want to stay in for a weekend.

1. You have so much work to do and papers to write. You’re not even sure if you can afford going out. You know that you need to start applying for internships for the summer and time is of the essence!

2. You’re super comfy in leggings and an oversized t-shirt. The idea of putting on an actual bra, never mind a strapless bra, is way too much work. You’d rather just be scrubbing at home than trying to look presentable.

…. Getting ready? It’s a no from me.

3. Staying in = watching that show on Netflix that you really want to finish… and that bottle of Pink Moscato… and you can treat yourself to some Wings Over. 

4. It’s November. It’s not 70 degrees out anymore. It’s cold! And you hate having to haul around a heavy jacket when you get to parties and to the bar. The thought of having to wait in line or walk to a party cold is probably the worst. Maybe you will just hibernate once December arrives…

5. You’ll be able to go to sleep whenever you want and wake up in the morning feeling fantastic with no major hangover….Yay!

Try it out Collegiettes, staying in isn’t so bad!

Header

Gifs: 1/ 2/3/ 4/ 5

Jessica Chien

U Mass Amherst

Jessica is currently a Sophomore at UMass Amherst. She is a studio arts major who enjoys drawing, drinking coffee and having dance parties in her dorm room. She doesn't like to be rushed when it comes to eating and she listens to her favorite song on repeat when she's walking to class.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst