books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Websites and Apps to Help You Become More Productive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As students, we are constantly on our laptops and phones. Why not use your technology to help you out in school? Here’s a list of the best apps and websites to keep you on track. 

1. The Homework App

As someone who does not own a planner, it’s a life saver. On the app, you are able to add your classes, the homework assignments for each class, reminders, and due dates.

2. Self Control

Available for download on Mac’s, you are able to give a list of websites the application will block for a certain amount of time. Definitely the best website blocker I have ever used.

3. Pomodoro

The Pomodoro technique involves working for 25 minutes with 5 minute breaks, repeating that four times, then followed by a 15 minute break. This website gives you a timer so you can follow that model.

4. Flux

Your brain really does not like the blue light your laptop gives off once it starts to get dark out. This application starts to tint your screen to a sepia tone after sundown. Much easier on the eyes and you’ll fall asleep easier!

5. Intense Studying Spotify Playlist

Bless this playlist. This Spotify playlist has 14 hours of Classical music, which is perfect to listen to while you’re studying or doing homework. 

Happy studying, Collegiettes!

Photos: 1234

Chloe Trepanier

U Mass Amherst

Chloe is a Her Campus National Social Media Intern and a senior Communication major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is the Social Media Director for Facebook for the UMass chapter and is the Chairperson of the UMass Theatre Guild. Her hobbies include watching 30 Rock and eating ice cream. You can follow her on Twitter and on Instagram. 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst