Valentine’s Day, as Explained by Corinne From ‘The Bachelor’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Valentine’s Day, much like Corinne from ABC’s “The Bachelor,” stirs up some strong emotions for everyone. There are those who dread this so-called “Hallmark holiday,” and there are others who are counting down the days until February 14th. Who is more fit to summarize our complex feelings surrounding Valentine’s Day than Corinne? After all, at the end of the day, we’re all just hoping for a rose (and maybe some cheesy pasta, too). 

1. When February rolls around, and suddenly you cannot go anywhere without seeing decorations, reminding you that Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching…

2. When you need to remind yourself that boys will come and go, but food will always be there for you…

3. When there’s always that one girl who won’t stop talking about all the presents her boyfriend is going to get her, and you try your best to listen without falling asleep…

4. When you catch a girl making moves on your crush, even though you called dibs…

5. When you find a date, and you want to act happy without looking too desperate…

(Maybe it’s best to leave the wedding veil at home.)

6. When you find out that your “date” is actually just a night at a frat party…

7. When your evening unexpectedly turns into a double date, and neither you nor the other girl know how to react to the situation…

8. When someone asks if you want chocolate, your answer is always the same…

9. When you contemplate whether wine can count as your “Valentine”…

10. When you’ve had a little too much of your new “Valentine”…

11. When your date leans in for a kiss at the end of the night…

12. When you don’t know whether to laugh or cry because you know you’re going to do this all over again next year…

Because despite our mixed feelings, we come back to ABC every Monday for Corinne, just as we come back to Valentine’s Day every year.

We just can’t quit you.

Images/GIFs: 1234567891011121314

Julia Gordy

U Mass Amherst '19

Julia is a senior at the Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is pursuing a major in marketing with a strong focus on advertising. Some of her favorite things include photography, filmmaking, and long yoga sessions followed by even longer naps. Find her on Twitter and Instagram @juliagordy!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst