This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Do you feel like you’re drowning in a sea of all this information that you supposedly learned all semester but somehow it doesn’t look familiar? Well don’t worry, Collegiettes; you are not even remotely alone. We are all suffering from the end of summer blues, where the stress is high and the faith and morale is usually low. Do not lose faith! We have all made it this far into the semester; we are on the very last lap of the mile. Although this time is usually the toughest to keep going, do not ruin all of your prior efforts with a bad last lap. Sometimes we need a getaway, a little inspiration, something to help us restore the motivation. Here is a list of a few songs that will help this last lap be just a little bit more bearable.

1. Schoolin’ Life by Beyonce

This song will more than likely make you want to drop out of school at this very moment because who does need a degree when you’re schooling life? The sad, unfortunate truth is that we do because we are not Beyonce, however this song will definitely lift your spirits. 

2. Grown Woman by Beyonce

This song is perfect because we are grown women and we can do anything we want. Plus, you can never get enough of Beyonce. 

3. Roar by Katy Perry

Is this a little cliché? Yeah, maybe, but it can make you feel like queen of the jungle.

4. Fire Starter by Demi Lovato

If you needed something to spark your confidence, this song will do just that.

5. Remember the Name by Fort Minor

Even if this song may give us flashbacks of older days, it’s hard to say that you’re not motivated after listening to it.

6. Salute by Little Mix

If you’re looking for a women-empowering song I strongly suggest this one. It discusses shoes and the strength within women, who could resist such a song?

7. Stronger by Britney Spears

A little throwback can never do any harm. This song may be about becoming stronger after a break up, but making it through finals week can be just as much of a battle.

8. Drink In My Hand by Eric Church

This song makes the finals playlist because this bubbly country song almost makes you feel like it’s a summer afternoon instead of a freezing winter day. Also, I think most of us could agree that during finals week many of us could definitely use a drink in our hands.

9. Till I Collapse by Eminem

Finals week may not be as intense as the problems that Eminem raps about, however most of us study until we collapse so it just seems to fit.

10. You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates

Now this song may not exactly empowering, but I will tell you it’s hard to resist dancing and singing to this song when you hear it. Just ask Joseph Gordon-Levitt from his role in “500 Days of Summer”. My advice is to listen to this song after your exam, confident in how you did or not, it is over and time to let go of the worries.

I hope this playlist serves as some sort of motivation for you during your finals week. Good luck Collegiettes!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst