This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Throughout his campaign, we’ve heard Donald Trump throw out a number of ideas and proposed plans. In late October, shortly before becoming the President-elect, Trump released his plan for the first 100 days of his presidency while speaking in Pennsylvania.

The list of things Trump hopes to accomplish is decently long, but among some of the most notable are: eliminating funding towards climate change, the building of the wall between the USA and Mexico, which he plans on Mexico reimbursing, enforcing stricter immigration policies, tax cuts, new and revised education policies and more.

Many Trump critics are rightfully concerned with how he will deal with the issue of climate change, which Trump doesn’t really see as an issue considering how he addresses it in his first 100 days’ plan. Trump plans on cancelling U.S. payments to the United Nations that were intended to go towards climate change programs, and rather plans to spend that money on fixing the water here. He also wants to allow the Keystone Pipeline, which so many have fought against, to move forward, as well as other energy infrastructure projects.

Perhaps one of Trump’s most well-known ideas are those concerning immigration. Trump plans on cancelling all federal funding to those cities classified as Sanctuary Cities, which are cities that follow certain procedures that protect the rights of illegal immigrants. He also plans on deporting millions of illegal immigrants and eliminating immigration all together to certain “terror-prone regions.”  This could potentially be devastating for the lives of millions of immigrants and their families. It got released that after Trump’s presidential win, that the plan to prevent Muslim immigration was removed from his official website. This is true, however it is back on the website and the Trump team claims it was only a glitch. Additionally, under Obama there has been a “catch-and-release” policy when it comes to those trying to illegally cross the border, the Trump administration plans on ending this and detaining any and all who get caught attempting to illegally cross the border.

Trump also still plans on the construction of a wall between our southern border and Mexico, which he fully expects Mexico to reimburse us for.

He also plans on enforcing major tax cuts, primarily for the middle class. He claims that a middle class family with two children can be expecting to receive a 35 percent tax cut. He also says that the business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, which he hopes will bring millions of dollars in production back to the U.S and out of foreign countries.

The President-elect also hopes to end common core and put education into the hands of local communities. This would enable parents the choice to send their kids wherever they please – whether it be public, private, charter or home school. His educational policies also seek to make college more affordable.

These are just a few of the many plans that compose Trump’s 100-day action plan to “Make America Great Again.” 

Sources: 12

Images: 1, 2, 34

Sofie Kowalski

U Mass Amherst

University of Massachusetts Amherst '20 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst