This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

New York Fashion Week took place mid-September. Many people tend to gravitate toward show coverage and the drama behind the scenes—but while that is an awesome part of NYFW, I find myself more excited about the clothing that the attendees wear to shows. Street style makes fashion more approachable because relatable women are wearing pieces in an everyday way. Many shows this year did not classify as being “body positive”: most designers still use very thin models to present their collections. Women on the streets, however, come in more than just the standard model size (0, 2, 4, and 6), and being able to envision their outfits on myself becomes more approachable. We even see what our favorite celebrities are wearing to the shows. All of these factors make street style the embodiment of cool for the common person, and this year cool is casual and extremely doable

During NYFW, some of the most fashion-forward pieces and looks hit the sidewalks of Manhattan to be photographed and shared for the rest of the world to copy. I noticed a lot of off-the-shoulder tops and dresses this season, as well as frayed and intricate denim stylings from head to toe. Many people also seemed to wear oxford shirts with a non-traditional flair, from ruffles to alternative cuts. The color palette has been very much in line with Pantone’s color palette of the season. I have compiled the very best looks from some of the top fashion media companies in hopes that you can find some inspiration to add to your own outfits this fall!

Images: 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1314, 15 

Lover of Journaling,Food,Nature &All Things Beautiful any and all social media outlets || k_dails
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst