This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With the holidays fast approaching, it’s hard to find a quick and in-style outfit for all of those parties. Luckily, we have you covered! Dress to impress with these fashion tips that’ll keep you looking hot while the temperatures drop.

Dark Reds:

Why it works – Dark reds add sophistication to any outfit, which is why it’s perfect for your family’s holiday party. But why stop there? Incorporate these vampy colors into your every day look with a scarf, nail polish, or even your lips if you’re feeling daring!

Bombshell Mesh-Trimmed Skater Dress in Burgundy/Black – Forever 21 – $17.80

Jersey Maroon Infinity Scarf in Wine/Mulberry/Burgundy/Red – Etsy.com – $22.00

[pagebreak]

Glitter:

Why it works – The holidays are a perfect time to shine—especially with all of your New Years’ Eve plans! But the rule of thumb with wearing glitter on an outfit is less is more. Who would ever want their outfit to outshine them?! A little black dress, like this one from H&M, is perfect for any party. As for nails? Go crazy! Glitter on your nails works like a statement ring, so the possibilities are endless!

Jacquard-Knit Dress in Black/Glitter – H&M Ladies – $59.95

CIATE Nail Polish in Jewel – Nordstrom – $15.00

[pagebreak]

Neutral Colors:

Why it works – Neutral colors works kind of like a canvas does for paint. While wearing neutrals, it’s easy to draw attention to your favorite features: your waistline, your legs, anything! Speaking of legs, a pair of nude high heels is a great, simple way to elongate them.

Brigitte Bailey Demri Dress in Nude – Zappos.com – $69.00

Jessica Simpson Waleo Shoes in Nude Patent – Shoes.com – $69.99

Happy Holidays, Collegiettes!

Brittany O'Neil

U Mass Amherst

Brittany is a junior at UMass Amherst with a double major in Early Childhood Education and Psychology. In addition to being a content editor for the best Her Campus chapter, she also works for the STEM Ambassadors Program, and is a Peer Mentor. She's obsessed with Netflix, sarcasm, and gifs. Lots and lots of gifs.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst