clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Struggles of Writing your Senior Thesis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Some of you senior Collegiettes may be working on a thesis this year. At first, the thought of dedicating a whole year to a topic that you’re interested in researching might seem fun and easy, but some of these struggles of writing your thesis are bound to happen:

1. You picked a topic you were interested in, but have no idea where to find any specific information about it!

2. You find yourself reading more about this one topic than you’ve ever read before in college. 

3. You talk to your thesis advisor more frequently than you talk to your family. 

4. You spend more time creating proper MLA citations than you spend in class. 

5. You can’t imagine yourself writing more than ten pages at first, and then you wind up forcing yourself to cut it down to 60 pages

Whatever your thesis topic may be, remember that you are becoming a foremost expert on your topic, and allow that thought to get you through all of those mind-numbing MLA citations. 

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Chloë Morse

U Mass Amherst

I'm a double major in Social Thought & Political Economy and Italian. I enjoy food, dance, social justice, art, foreign languages, music, and much more.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst