Six Wardrobe Staples for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Are those birds that I hear? Has the temperature reached a number that is actually greater than my age? I know it may be hard to believe that spring is rapidly approaching with feet of snow on the ground, but we will begin to see grass again sooner than we believe. Here are some of the best and most popular trends for spring 2015!

Matching Top and Bottoms

As seen on @charlotterruseprinted crop tops with a matching printed skirt is a great look for the upcoming warm weather. The bright colors along with a floral pattern are perfect for the spring. A matching denim crop top with a denim skirt may bring back flashbacks of the Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake days, however denim is almost inescapable this spring.

Denim

Speaking of denim, whether it’s a matching set, a shirt, a dress, light, dark, or in between, denim seems to come in every form for spring 2015. The two pictures on the top can be found @charlotterusse and the denim dress can be found at Forever 21.

Shirt Dresses

Shirt dresses are a must-have item for this spring. Both of these can be found at Forever 21. Shirt dresses are both comfortable and stylish – what more can we really ask for? Some even come with pockets, which are like a special bonus.

Skater skirts/dresses

Skater skirts and dresses were popular last summer and for any of those who love this look, do not fret because they are here to stay for spring 2015. The great floral patterned skater skirt dress can be found at Forever 21. The crop top with a beautiful pastel skater skirt is a great outfit for any parties planned for this April and can be found at @charlotterusse. For March or the colder days of April, skater skirts can be worn with sweaters and tights, keeping us both warm and stylish.

Gingham

Rumor has it that gingham is in style for spring 2015. There is something about the gingham pattern that provokes ideas of bike riding, picnics, and out door sunny activities, making it the perfect pattern for spring. For the gingham fans out there, you can purchase the pattern in shorts, shirts, and even dresses. All of these can be found at Forever 21.

Outerwear

As stated on @hm this suede, long coat is a “wardrobe staple” this season. It brings a ‘70’s-esque vibe, which has been a common theme on the runways. This coat will definitely keep you warm on the colder days of spring. 

Have a happy spring Collegiettes, and may the shopping begin!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst