This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

A lot has changed since the days of high school sex education. Naturally, as we get older and relationships get more complicated, new (and sometimes embarrassing) questions about sex will emerge. Unfortunately for us college students, there aren’t many places where one can anonymously inquire about sex and relationships … until now! Her Campus at UMass Amherst presents the second round of questions in our new sex and relationships advice column: SEXplained.

*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. If you have a medical concern related to sex, please ask a professional.

My close friend and I recently had sex. We’ve kissed before, but it has never escalated up until this happened. Now I want more out of our friendship. What should I do?

In situations like this, it is best to be open and honest about what you want out of the relationship. Rather than wasting time and energy wondering if your friend feels the same way, you can simply ask how they feel. That being said, you should be prepared for rejection. It is possible that your friend wants a casual no-strings-attached relationship, or they may want to just remain friends. Again, you will never know until you confront the situation head-on and just ask them.

I’ve heard g-spot orgasms are amazing, but whenever my boyfriend tries it, I just feel like I have to pee. What do I do?

Because the bladder is close to the front of the vaginal wall, any stimulation to that area can trigger the urge to urinate. This is especially true for the G-spot, as this erogenous zone is located right at the front of the vaginal wall about an inch inside the vaginal opening. To avoid the urge to urinate, it is always best to use the bathroom before sexual activity. If your bladder is empty during sex, you may still feel as if you are going to wet yourself, but it would be impossible. Within about one minute, the “gotta go” feeling should subside.

Can I have sex while I have a UTI?

When you have a urinary tract infection (UTI), the symptoms are often too painful to even consider sexual activity. However, once a doctor prescribes a course of antibiotics, the UTI symptoms generally subside before the full course of antibiotics has been completed. Even if you are not experiencing symptoms, it is NOT recommended to have sex until the full course of antibiotics has been completed and you have been symptom-free for at least two weeks. Neglecting to do so not only puts yourself at risk for a prolonged infection, but could also lead to passing on a very uncomfortable UTI to your partner.

If you have any questions you would like to submit for the next edition of SEXplained, click here and ask away! Remember, it is completely anonymous and only we can see your questions.

Julia Gordy

U Mass Amherst '19

Julia is a senior at the Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is pursuing a major in marketing with a strong focus on advertising. Some of her favorite things include photography, filmmaking, and long yoga sessions followed by even longer naps. Find her on Twitter and Instagram @juliagordy!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst