Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

U Mass Amherst News

The Struggle is Real: Annoyances All UMass Girls Face

By Brittany O'Neil
April 17, 2014 - 9:00am

Of course college can be a trying time for us Collegiettes, but there are some things that us UMass girls just can’t get over. We couldn’t think of anyone else better to express our annoyance than The Breakfast Club! First off, let’s just acknowledge that some point in time, we have to take an 8am. With no one really awake either, it’s either everyone volunteers, or no one does. READ MORE

Top 5 Places To Make Sure To Visit In Boston This Summer

By Abbey Miller
April 16, 2014 - 9:00am

Summer is about one month away, and that means for most of us students at UMass who live in MA or close by, there's no better place to go enjoy the summer than our very own Boston. Boston has just about everything you could want: food, shopping, and museums. In Boston, you can hit up a concert at the TD Garden, catch a Red Sox game at Fenway, or spend a day on the water. Here are the best places you should make sure you make it to when you go on your trip to our lovely city! 1) Newbury Street READ MORE

UPC Spring Concert 2014 Recap

By Alexa Harrison
April 15, 2014 - 8:03pm

On Sunday April 13th from 6:00pm - midnight, the UMass University Programming Council (UPC) hosted their annual Spring Concert. This year's Spring Concert, referred to as #SC14, featured performances by LuieGo x eGOmainiAKS, Run River Run, Slightly Stoopid, Goo Goo Dolls, and Wale....

Celebrate Spring and Support a Local Cause: Daffodil Fun Run

By Catie Baumgartner
April 15, 2014 - 11:39am

Spring is FINALLY here. Now that it has arrived, it’s time to get outside and celebrate. How about getting out and supporting a great cause at the same time? It doesn’t get much better. READ MORE

23 Things to Do Before Spring Semester Ends

By Natalie Onacki
April 14, 2014 - 9:00am

The year is winding down with just one month left of the semester; I seriously cannot believe how fast it went by. Feels like just yesterday I was breaking out my calendar and highlighter writing down due dates and events, and now we are in the next registration period looking forward to the summer, next semester and preparing for finals. While you’re stressing about summer plans and getting ready for finals, make sure you get out (especially you seniors) and enjoy some last minute adventures in Amherst. READ MORE

Dapsity: Tinder for Jobs and Internships

By Kristin LaFratta
April 13, 2014 - 9:00am

Attention, all intern-less and job-less Collegiettes: there is now a Tinder for internships and jobs. Stop skimming your thumb through the men in your area and start finding your dream career! Rated with 5 stars, the current version of Dapsity combines job searching with the simplicity of the Tinder platform, where you can read a short description and press the green check to save the job or press the red “x” and trash it. Who says you won’t get a job after you graduate? (People without Dapsity, probably.) READ MORE

Hot Off The Runway: What You Missed From Soul TV's Haus of Pop Fashion Show

By Brittany O'Neil
April 12, 2014 - 1:42pm

With vibrant colors and music that made you dance in your seat, the Student Union Ballroom was the place to be last night. With the concept of “A multicultural exploration of pop art through fashion,” Soul TV’s Haus of Pop Fashion Show was a sight to behold, featuring talented up-and-coming designers as well as appearances from Sicnarf, Enigma, and our own Insanely Prestigious Step Team. READ MORE

A Letter to: Westboro Baptist Church (Signed, UMass)

By Kristin LaFratta
April 11, 2014 - 12:42am

Dear Westboro Baptist Church, READ MORE

A Guide to the Artists of UMass Spring Concert 2014

By Emily Jette
April 10, 2014 - 9:00am

This year Spring Concert is Sunday April 13th and is featuring Wale, Slightly Stoopid, and the Goo Goo Dolls.  As the excitement for a concert at Mullins Center builds (there haven't been many concerts at Mullins this year), it is the perfect time to get excited about the artists performing and learn more about who they are.    The Goo Goo Dolls READ MORE

The 3 Top Spring TV Premieres You Don't Want to Miss

By Anastasia Armstrong
April 9, 2014 - 9:00am

It’s that time of season when many of our favorite TV shows are coming to an end. As we all cry and laugh over these finales we can, however, start preparing for the upcoming premieres of some popular spring/summer shows that people have spent their entire academic year waiting for. The top three listed have kept the internet abuzz throughout the year, so it has to be quite the relief to finally have these shows back on in the coming weeks! 1) Game of Thrones “When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.” READ MORE