Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

U Mass Amherst Features

A Love Letter To Bartlett

By Kathryn McGovern
October 25, 2014 - 9:00am

Dearest Bartlett, The first day I met you, I was just a scared Freshman clutching onto my lanyard. I remember getting lost in your halls for fifteen minutes and stumbling into class late, red-faced and embarrassed. I remember seeing how dilapidated you were, your entrance shrouded in a haze of English majors’ cigarette smoke. I thought to myself, is this really what I’m paying thousands of dollars for? Little did I know that I would fall in love with you. With all your flaws and serious ant infestation issue. With your asbestos and even with Barlett 65. READ MORE

TEDxUMassAmherst is Back!

By Lexi Sheldon
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

TedXUMassAmherst is Back! Check out their awesome promo video here. Who are they? TEDxUMassAmherst is a student-run, student-orginized, and completely independently funded student group on campus. TedX seeks to connect students with some of the greatest and most succesful people in the world. Jason Wang, senior Biology major and President of TEDxUMassAmherst, believes that "This connection influences, inspires, and impacts students at UMass in a unique, powerful and positive way." READ MORE

6 Attractive Reasons to Watch Sports

By Addie Levine
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

We watch sports because they are intense and full of action, they are exciting and fun to watch, and they are played by some pretty handsome men. I love to watch sports for the reasons listed above, but let’s be real, these athletes are an added bonus to game day. Here are 6 of the many athletes under the age of 25 that make watching sports a little more viewer friendly. Bryce Harper Age: 22 Birthday: October 16, 1992 Sport: Baseball- Washington Nationals Number: 34 Relationship Status: Engaged   READ MORE

The Struggles of Writing your Senior Thesis

By Chloë Morse
October 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Some of you senior Collegiettes may be working on a thesis this year. At first, the thought of dedicating a whole year to a topic that you’re interested in researching might seem fun and easy, but some of these struggles of writing your thesis are bound to happen: 1. You picked a topic you were interested in, but have no idea where to find any specific information about it! 2. You find yourself reading more about this one topic than you’ve ever read before in college.  READ MORE

The Life of a UMass Amherst Tour Guide

By Samantha McGarry
October 21, 2014 - 9:00am

The real issues of chatting up high schoolers, knowing way too much about UMass and that the only thing worse than Jersey Moms are alumni...welcome to the life of UMass Amherst tour guide!  When parents ask if we're going to see every building on campus. ...and when they ask if there is a bus tour: READ MORE

Who Really is Scooter Girl?

By Serena McMahon
October 21, 2014 - 9:00am

She’s the girl who you see fly past you on her- what is that? A Razor scooter? Yes - it is the original Scooter Girl, who gets from class to class at UMass Amherst on her Razor scooter. If you haven’t seen her in person, you’ve definitely seen her on all your social media platforms, from the popular anonymous Yik Yak app, to the newest picture app, Fade. She’s trended in the top Yik Yaks almost daily and has had countless “ups” and “likes,” simply for riding around on her scooter. But who really is this infamous Scooter Girl everyone on campus is talking about? READ MORE

What You Need to Know About Some of Your Local Student-Run Businesses

By Sarah Newcomb
October 20, 2014 - 9:00am

One of the things I love about UMass is the student-run businesses we have across campus. Not only are these places to grab food student-run and local, they are affordable as well. From Sweets and More to People’s Market these places are good eats and great finds, so stop by with friends or for a quick break and enjoy some good food! READ MORE

What To Wear To Skrillex At The Mullins Center

By Grace Olivia Brown
October 19, 2014 - 9:00am

As most of us UMass Amherst Collegiettes know, electronic dance music was banned from our campus last year. As one of the many students who bought a Pretty Lights ticket the first day I moved in last year, I can say that I am beyond excited to see Skrillex perform on October 23 at the Mullins Center. Here are a list of the top six things to wear to this concert: 1. Deodorant Carly Aquilino knows what's up. No one is too special to go without it at a concert. READ MORE

A Student's Response: Confidential Informants on Campus

By Irene Tzelalis
October 17, 2014 - 9:00am

UMass has (once again) found itself in the spotlight thanks to recent articles regarding the use of students as confidential informants. Recently, publications such as the Boston Globe, the Daily Collegian, and third party websites have brought up the issue of using these informants in the UMass community: something the university is now re-evaluating.  READ MORE

Fall Semester Essentials: Back to School Survival Kit 2014

By Brittaney Lynch
October 16, 2014 - 11:56pm

UMass Amherst is well into the school year and we are definitely feeling the weight of midterm exams, papers and piles of homework. Thankfully, Her Campus and its wonderful sponsors swooped in to save the day by providing the Her Campus UMass team with a Back to School Survival Kit! The package contained everything our team needs to get us through the rest of the fall semester. Take a look at some of the awesome goodies we gave away from the kit at our most recent chapter meeting: READ MORE