This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s the most stressful, yet stress-free week of the year, if that’s what you make it!

Finals week is the one time that all you have to do is study and write papers, so there is a lot of time to procrastinate with FUN! You can accomplish what you’ve wanted to do all year, or longer, during your time of not studying.

• If warm weather decides to show up anytime soon, lounge around at Puffer’s Pond with your friends. We are in school during the coldest part of the year, so being able to be in such a peaceful area is something to cherish.
  • Go for a hike! There are so many beautiful mountains in Western MA that would be great to take advantage of.
  • Walk downtown or take a ride to Northampton. I love walking, shopping, and eating in both Amherst and Noho, such quaint towns.
  • Check out the Beneski Museum of Natural History Museum and Mead Art Museum at Amherst College, maybe even after your walk through Amherst as suggested above.
  • Hang out with your friends without having to worry about making it to class or meetings on time. Just enjoy the time you can spend with them before summer break.
  • Watch movies without feeling like you’re wasting time.
  • Hit up the gym! No excuse for no time, especially because working out is a great stress reducer and way to boost concentration for studying.
  • Stick around for graduation! See your friends graduate, or go to Commencement to hear Governor Deval Patrick speak. Graduation is bittersweet, but a great time to show school spirit and see what you’re in for in the future. Plus, when else can you hear Governor Patrick speak in person?
Karen Podorefsky

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst