emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Gifts For Your Gals Under $15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The holidays are a time of giving, and yet I always feel as if I’m giving away my entire bank account. It doesn’t have to be this way, ladies! Here are some cute gifts for your favorites girlfriends for under $15 (yes, I really mean it). Immerse yourself in the holiday spirit while keeping some Benjamins in the bank.

I think most collegiettes™ agree that they love accessories, so what better gift to give your girls than some cute bells and whistles that will liven up any outfit. Stop by Forever21 for tons of inexpensive accessories. Your friends can survive the grueling winter weather with an adorable hat, a warm pair of gloves, or a cozy scarf. Is your friend super trendy? Take a peek at the most up-to-date jewelry trends at Forever21, like an earring cuff. With Forever21’s low prices, you can buy a few presents for your favorite friends.

Scarf from Forever21: $12.80

Earring cuff from Forever21: $4.80

Does one of your girlfriends have an apartment that they wish had a more home environment? Candles are a great, inexpensive gift that can make that roach infested apartment smell like sugar cookies, pine trees, or even the Bahamas. Yankee Candle’s small jar candles will fit your tight college budget. If you’re itching for different brands, stop on over to Homegoods or T.J.Maxx for more candle choices.

Coffee and tea mugs are also perfect for those friends who love a soothing hot drink on a cold winter day. Add a few packets of her favorite tea or hot chocolate for some extra pizzaz. Check out department stores like Macy’s or Kohl’s for the perfect mug.

Candle from Yankee Candle Company: $10.99

Mug from Kohls: $7.99

Is your friend a bookworm? Add a bestseller or classic novel to her treasured collection. In need of an idea? Pick up Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl, a popular novel that hits the big screen in 2014. Amazon has tons of books in perfect condition for less than face value.

Amazon also has loads of favorite throwback albums (can you say boyband?). If your gal pal was obsessed with NSYNC or Backstreet Boys back in the day, scoop up one of their beloved CDs for an instant trip down memory lane. You are guaranteed a mega watt smile and a killer jam-sesh when she opens this gift.

Book from Amazon.com: $14.80 or less

CD from Amazon.com: $12.62 or less

For your absolute best friend, a gift that feels more special is one that is personalized. Shutterfly has various items that you can personalize with pictures, quotes, fonts, and colors. The Shutterfly 8×11 wall calendar is under $15 and is sure to melt your bestie’s heart. Fill those monthly pages with your favorite pictures that you’ve collected through the years to remind her just how much you cherish her friendship.

Calendar from Shutterfly.com: $14.95

See ladies? I told you it was possible. Now you can give like Santa while still maintaining a holly jolly fat wallet. Happy holidays and happy gift giving!

Rachel Annese

U Mass Amherst

A junior at UMass Amherst who enjoys all things Beyonce, singing in the shower, and spending endless nights watching The Office.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst