Gift Guide: For the Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

While boys may claim to be easygoing and laid back, they are impossible to find gifts for.  Here is a gift guide that will help you complete the task and impress your man!

Flask

Some boys like to drink. A flask is a gift that any college boy will appreciate. Include a bottle of his favorite liquor and head out to a party! 

Add a person touch and customize it! Check out cafepress.com to design your own flask. 

Tickets

Look up tickets for your boyfriend’s favorite show or sports team! Not only will he appreciate the thought you put into the gift, but you get to join in on the fun too! 

Video Game

If your boyfriend is a hockey fan, consider purchasing him NHL ’13 for Xbox (if he doesn’t have it already!). Hopefully it will keep him occupied until this lockout is over…

iPhone

An iPhone case is the perfect accessory for your guy if you don’t want to splurge, but want him to be reminded of you every time he looks at his phone. You can custom design your own at http://www.case-mate.com/ or go for the sleek, black leather look of this one from Urban Outfitters.

Watch

For those wishing to splurge on their boy, consider getting him a nice watch! It will last forever and mean a lot to him. I suggest checking out http://www.karmaloop.com for a wide range of styles from classy to edgy. 

Whatever you do, don’t buy him clothes or socks. That’s what his mom is for. 

Emily Randall

U Mass Amherst

I'm a senior at UMass Amherst with a major in Marketing and minor in Art History. I hope to move to Rome after graduation to live the dream of drinking wine, eating carbs, and shopping for Italian fine leather.
Kim Giordano

U Mass Amherst

Kim Giordano is a senior majoring in Communication at The University of Massachusetts Amherst. Kim has been writing for UMass' widely known student run newspaper, The Daily Collegian, since her freshman year and was recently named Blog Editor. She is also involved with community service programs Best Buddies and Relay For Life, as well as a member of the National Society of Leadership. Hailing from her hometown of Montvale, New Jersey, Kim loves reading (preferably with a cup of coffee in hand), live music, and a good clothing sale. Kim would love to end up writing, but whatever she does, she'll be in New York while doing it.