The Definitive Ranking of Hollywood’s Power Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Apparently it’s that time of year again when almost every news source simultaneously decides to release their versions of a “hot or not” list, so to speak. Within the past couple weeks, the 2k14 edition of People Magazine’s “World’s Most Beautiful” list hit the newsstands, along with Time’s list of the “Most Influential People in the World.” We decided to hop on the bandwagon, but instead of limiting ourselves to individual people, we thought it more interesting to compile a list of the current Hollywood duos who are killing it over in la-la land. Whether they’re rappers, actors, athletes, or models, everyone on our list is dominating their industry, and making bank while they’re at it. So with that, below is our official ranking of the top power couples in the fame game right now.

1. Beyonce & Jay-Z

Let’s be honest, Collegiettes— this list would have lost any credibility it had if Jay and Bey weren’t number one. They’re the crème de la crème of celebrities, and are basically connoisseurs of taste when it comes to handling fame. They are even tight with Pres Obama and the First Lady, so if you need any more proof that they deserve this spot, we really don’t know what to tell you.

2. Rihanna & Drake

We still remember our reactions when we first heard that RiRi and Drake were official like it was yesterday. We’ve shipped them together since ‘What’s My Name’ came out in 2010, so it’s safe to say that it was not an overreaction when we cried of happiness upon seeing those pics of them canoodling at the Clippers game back in the beginning of April. Each of them already has so much swag separately, that together they have surpassed the baller status of almost every other long-lasting couple on this list in just a few short months.

3. David & Victoria Beckham

We can only pray that our future marriage is a fraction as successful and Posh and Becks’ is. How is it fair that they are both like 40 and still hotter than most of us ever will be?  Not to mention the fact that they are f*cking loaded and have successfully passed down their super DNA to produce four genetically flawless children. We legitimately got jealous just typing this.

4. Kim Kardashian & Kanye West

We do not have the time of day for Kimye haters, Collegiettes, so no offense, but if you are one you need to take a seat. Say what you will about Kim’s fame-whoring or Kanye’s self-obsession, but regardless, these two are still classy as hell, and proved it by landing the cover of Vogue this year. Also, mad props to them for being the newest pioneers of the ridiculous celebrity baby name trend.

5. Ellen Degeneres & Portia De Rossi

Seriously, who doesn’t love Ellen and Portia? This was a big year for them both, as Ellen hosted the Oscars and Portia starred in the return of Arrested Development. If these two ever break up, it will probably be more emotionally devastating than the divorce of Amy Poehler and Will Arnett, and that’s saying something.

6. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

Even though we were Team Aniston all the way, Brangelina is still very deserving of the number six spot on this list. They are pretty much the OG’s of famous power couples, plus their brood of six is truly bad*ss. Please adopt us.

7. Tom Brady & Gisele Bundchen

One of them is arguably the best quarterback in NFL history, and the other is considered to be one of the most beautiful supermodels in the world. Enough said. P.S., Tom – if you’re reading this we forgive you for that brief stint when you endorsed UGGs.

8. A$ap Rocky & Chanel Iman

Just when we thought that A$ap could not do any better than our girl Iggy Azalea, he goes and wifes up one of the hottest new models like it ain’t no thang. These two are so well-dressed and trendy that they are basically the walking definition of #ThisCouldBeUsButYouPlayin.

9. Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka

If you haven’t seen that OWN special where Neil and David are showing off their perfect house and adorable twins, then we suggest you go watch it because it’s truly inspirational. Thank you for coming out, NPH. You make us happy because we know you’re happy.

10. Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone

Rounding out the top ten are none other than Spidey and Gwen Stacey. We can’t think of a more perfect on and off-screen couple, and we only hope their love lasts longer than Tobey Maguire’s career.

Honorable Mentions…

• Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon
  • Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds
  • John Krasinski & Emily Blunt
  • Miranda Lambert & Blake Shelton

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

A sophomore at Umass majoring in English.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst