Daily Vlogging: What It Is and Who to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

In 2006, three former PayPal employees created a website we’ve all come to know and love. With everything from cooking videos, to endless cute animal videos, and our own in-home math tutors (to learn all the things we slept through in class), YouTube has it all. In the past few years, a new type of video has evolved, bringing reality TV from our television sets to our laptop screens. We call this “Daily Vlogging.”

What is Daily Vlogging, you ask? A vlog is a video blog, and the ‘daily’ part, well, I think is pretty self-explanatory. 

These videos draw you in, and if you keep up with vlogs day-by-day, you almost begin to feel like you are getting to know the person. It’s weird how technology works today, isn’t it? Vloggers will show you anything from their feet walking across a street, to the food they eat, and the social gatherings they attend. Similarly to what television shows do, we enjoy watching these because they take us out of our own lives for a bit. They distracts us and allows us to see how someone else lives. We can watch the daily on-goings of someone’s life in Europe, Asia, or any other part of the world, from our own living rooms.

So, whom should you watch? Below I have listed some of my personal favorite vloggers (some daily and some not). That being said, there are many more vlogs out there that I don’t watch, so if you are reading this and want to share any other vlogs, leave a comment down below! 

United States:

The Shaytards: (Utah) 3M subscribers

Livinlikelindsey: (Los Angeles, California) 440K subscribers

Aspyn & Parker: (Utah) 842K subscribers

The Phillipi’s:  (Santa Clarita, California) 202K subscribers

International:

PointlessBlogVlogs: (Brighton, England) 2M subscribers

MoreZoella: (Brighton, England) 3M subscribers

Funforlouis: (London, England based travel vlogger) 1M subscribers

MrBenBrown: (London and South Africa based travel vlogger) 429K subscribers

MoreMarcus: (London, England) 1M

Sacconejoly’s: (London, England) 1M

Happy binge-watching!

Photos/videos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11

Currently a hard-working, self-motivated, dominos-loving business student at UMass Amherst. Not only am I an avid reader of HerCampus.com but I am also a proud member of both Her Campus UMass Amherst and Her Campus Blogger Network. I am working towards my goal of moving out west and getting into marketing for the beauty and fashion industry.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst