Cute Halloween Costumes to Keep You Warm But Stylish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

For us New England girls, October can be a crisp month and some costumes just don’t have enough fabric to keep us warm. These cute and easy costumes will help you stay warm on your way to the party, but cool enough so you won’t overheat when you arrive.

Cowgirl

It’s a tried and true costume but that doesn’t make it any less cute. All you need to complete this look are a pair of your favorite jeans, a comfy flannel, country boots, a vest, and don’t forget a cowgirl hat. Classic, cute, and warm, the cowgirl look is always a good choice for an easy costume.

Greaser Girl

Maybe you’re not interested in poodle skirts or skimpy pinup girl costumes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock a 50s inspired look. A pair of jeans, a white tee, leather jacket, high tops, and a pair of shades complete this feminized take on John Travolta’s classic look. Get your friends together and you can form your own T-Birds group.

Beetlejuice

The original black and white suit was worn by Beetlejuice, not Robin Thicke. To channel your inner Beetlejuice all you need is a few basic things. While I have leggings, a jacket, and a button down shirt pictured, the brilliance of this costume is that you can wear any combination of black and white. Dresses, cardigans, tights, pants, skirts, and blouses are all fair game.   

Hunger Games

With the next movie right around the corner, why not return to this basic costume? Cargo pants, a plain tee, boots, and a comfy jacket will keep you warm throughout the night. Just don’t forget your Mockingjay pin. The bow and arrows are completely up to you.

90s Grunge

Grunge is all about layers, plaid, and attitude. A beanie, an oversized plaid shirt, a band tee, ripped black jeans, motorcycle boots, and gold chains can complete your grunge inspired look.

Coven Witch

American Horror Story already has us thinking of witches differently. The young ladies were seen in the premiere looking sleek and sexy dressed in all black. A long dress, cardigan, gloves, and wedges, can help you channel your inner witch. Just remember, these witches wear stylish wide brimmed hats, not pointy ones.

Kristen Mouris

U Mass Amherst

Kristen Mouris is currently a senior English major and Campus Correspondent at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is also serving as Associate Editor of English Society's literary journal, Jabberwocky. She is originally from Falmouth, MA. Her interests include hunting for new music, writing, and reading movie trivia.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst