alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Changing Seasons (As Told By The Kardashians)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I know what you’re thinking: as we get into fall and the leaves start to change, we get a little sad about our fading summer and all the amazing memories we made. It all went so fast and it’s hard to believe that we’re almost one thrid of the way done with our fall semester. Who better to express the feelings we have towards the changing seasons than the Kardashians themselves! 

As sweet summertime comes to an end…

Like what is happening. 

But do not fret and do not fear – Labor day weekend is here! 

Ugh, no more white pants. 

Also, back to school. 

And class. 

At this point it’s still pretty hot

But come the middle of September, we’re all dressed in thick leggings and infinity scarves.

And boots. Don’t forget the boots

Except Homecoming Weekend was literally eighty degrees, so that’s confusing. 

By October and November, we’re back down into the 50’s, but walking to class is still doable and fun. 

Until it snows. 

And walking through the wind tunnel is like a slow death

And walking from JQA to Berk is a struggle

Does anyone even clear the walkways?

Finally winter break comes to save us all. Time for some much needed beauty rest. 

Some of us will head off to exotic, warm lands (like Florida and California) while the rest of us freeze back here in the Northeast. Drowning under twelve billion feet of snow

Then it will finally stop snowing and we will head back to UMass for Spring semester! 

Although we might still need a hug every now and again to stay warm. 

The ground is still frozen but it’s whatever because we will party on.

UMass is the best, from Summer to Spring. 

Kim agrees. Obviously.  

Happy Fall Collegiettes!

Katy Rieber

U Mass Amherst

My name is Katy Rieber and I am currently a freshman at UMass. Right now I am undeclared but I am looking to go into public relations, journalism, communications, and studio art for photography. I am from New York City and I have a huge interest in fashion. I love seeing Fall Fashion Week in Manhattan and spotting cute street style. My fashion icons include Whitney Port, Lauren Conrad, Sarah Vickers, and Blair Waldorf. I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus and I'm looking forward to writing more articles as the year goes on.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst