free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Forootan Alizadeh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Name: Forootan Alizadeh

Age: 20

Hometown: Worcester, MA

Year: 2017

Major: Biology

Current Residence: Southwest

Relationship Status: Single

Sign: Leo

HC UMass: Other than classes, what else do you do on campus?FA: “I’m an officer in the Bahai club on campus, and play on an intramural volleyball team called ‘Notorious D.I.G.’. I also plan to join the Sailing Team this year.’

HC UMass: What are your hobbies?FA: “I like to play, write and record music. I am also a self proclaimed cologne connoisseur.”

HC UMass: Too bad our readers cannot smell you right now, what are you wearing? FA: “This one is Versace Pour Homme.”

HC UMass: So what types of music do you like to listen to?FA: “If we’re talking Rock and Roll, my favorite band of all time is the Beatles. They’re the best. It’s not even my opinion, it’s a fact. I’m also a huge Drake fan; he tends to have a pretty big influence on the music that I write. Other than that, I’ll listen to almost anything. Good music knows no genres.”

HC UMass: So do you wish to make music professionally someday? FA: “Actually, I’d like to be a Cardiologist, but honestly I’ll take anything in the medical field.”

HC UMass: That’s impressive! What draws you to the medical field?FA: “Well, when I was little, I wanted to be a superhero and save peoples’ lives. Now, I realize that it is impossible to be a superhero, so I chose the next best thing.”

HC UMass: Other than your musical talents, what would you say is your best trait? FA: “I like to think that I am outgoing. I am a great dresser, and I may or may not have the voice of an angel. Humility is also one of my strongest characteristics, if you couldn’t already tell.” *Laughs*

HC UMass: So, you’re single! What do you look for in a potential girlfriend?

FA: “I like girls who like to smile, laugh and have a good time. It doesn’t matter what their race, ethnicity, or culture is. I am just allergic to dry personalities. Confidence is attractive, but the most important thing is that she is considerate and caring.”

HC UMass: What would an ideal date be like for you?

FA: “I’d like to go to a small restaurant I’ve never been to before, and then grab coffee or ice cream afterwards. Simplicity is golden. Getting to know each other and good conversation is what makes the date, not where we are or what we’re doing.”

HC UMass: If you could take any celebrity on this ideal date, who would it be? FA: “If I was younger, I would have said JoJo… I loved her. But currently, after seeing The Wolf of Wall Street, I’ve developed an undying love for Margot Robbie. If you don’t know who that is, you should look her up. I would definitely want to take her out.”

HC UMass: Now to switch gears a bit, what is the number one thing on your bucket-list?FA: “I’ve always wanted to go to pilot school and learn how to fly planes.”

HC UMass: And what would you say is the most unique thing about you? FA: “I was born in Tehran, Iran, and I can speak Farsi pretty fluently. I left as a religious refugee at the age of five. The government doesn’t allow people of my religion, Bahais, multiple rights including the freedom to pursue higher education. Fourteen years later, here I am, pursuing higher education.”

If you’d like to see or hear more Forootan, follow him on:Twitter: www.twitter.com/f_alizadeh​Instagram: www.instagram.com/f_alizadehPhotos courtesy of Emma Haskell and Patty Camerota 
Patricia Camerota

U Mass Amherst

Patricia is a Sophomore Communications Major at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Patricia has a strong passion for writing, eating, painting, and playing with her dog. She wishes to pursue a career in Public Relations.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst