Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

U Mass Amherst Blog

Why UMass Students Need Feminism

By Carson McGrath
April 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Here we go, guys! READ MORE

Peanut Butter Lovers Unite: Ideas and Recipes To Get Your PB Fix

By Brooke Robinson
April 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Peanut butter is one of those things that I will never get sick of. It tastes good with anything, I am constantly craving it, and it is delicious beyond words. I guess I'm pretty obsessed with peanut butter. That being said, I basically incorporate it into every meal and snack possible to get my fix. Packed with mono- and polyunsaturated fats (the healthy kind!) and protein (around 8g/serving), peanut butter is a wonderful go-to topping for fruits, veggies, grains, and anything you can imagine!   I have compiled a list of foods that taste great with peanut butter and some simple recipes with a few basic ingredients to try. Enjoy!    READ MORE

Barack Obama's Not So Affordable Care Act

By Jane Stream
April 24, 2014 - 9:00am

"Let me get this straight . . .We’re going to be “gifted” with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don’t! READ MORE

5 Refreshing Summer Drinks You Need To Try

By Shanna Coffill
April 24, 2014 - 9:00am

On those hot summer days, nothing quenches our thirst quite like a fruity drink. Whether you're swinging on a hammock in your backyard or BBQing on the beach, be sure to keep these recipes in mind to turn the heat up a notch. Sex on the Beach READ MORE

Woman Crush Wednesday: Rosie Londoner

By Grace Olivia Brown
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Let’s be real, us Collegiettes love to Facebook stalk. Whether it is our friends, people we barely know, or even ourselves if we are feeling narcissistic enough, we all do it. Some of us even consider it a skill. Heck, I definitely do. The only problem arises when you accidentally “like” one of someone’s prom photos from June 2012 or his Facebook status from four years ago. Whoops. One foolproof way to avoid this issue when you feel like looking at photos is through a fabulous blogger named Rosie from London. READ MORE

5 Reasons Why Grandmas Are The Best

By Allison Kafka
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

For those of us that are fortunate enough to have a grandmother around, we truly are a lucky bunch. While not every grandmother is the same, I think I can speak for most of us when I say that our grandmothers are essentially our best friends. Not convinced? Let me help: 1. She always has the best food. READ MORE

Why Dwight from "The Office" is Our Secret Inner Voice

By Rachel Annese
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Dwight Schrute from The Office is arguably one of the greatest fictional characters to ever exist. From his infinite knowledge on all subjects to his master plans to take Jim down, there is simply never a dull moment when Dwight is involved. One of Dwight's rather unique qualities is his ability to express himself when something makes him mad without caring about the consequences. Although 99.9% of the time his comments are things you would never dare say, our secret inner voice may agree with (some) of his shameless reactions. READ MORE

Diary of a Picky Eater: Surviving in Berk (A GIF Story)

By Katie Bowler
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

For all of my fellow Collegiettes who are picky eaters, I feel your pain. It's a struggle. I bet your nightly experience goes a little like this... 6 o'clock. You know what that means: dinnertime. You walk into Berk, stomach growling.  READ MORE

5 Celebrities You Didn't Know Went to UMass

By Amanda Keohane
April 22, 2014 - 9:00am

Hello fellow UMass Amherst Collegiettes! I know that we are all full of UMass pride because there are so many reasons to love this amazing school, but did you know that there are many UMass celebrity alumni? Here are a few that I bet you weren’t aware of! 1. Richard Gere Richard Gere is known for his iconic roles in films such as Pretty Woman (1990), Chicago (2002), and Primal Fear (1996). While this Golden Globe winning actor didn’t graduate from UMass, he still spent time here and is considered a UMass alum. READ MORE

Male Birth Control: Ladies... You're Free from the Pill

By Jacob Liverman
April 22, 2014 - 9:00am

UMass Collegiette Kayla Setters talked last November about the muck and mire of... THE PILL. Dun dun duuuuuuuuunn. If your ovaries make you want to cry, you are about to hear some very, very good news. READ MORE