Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

U Mass Amherst Blog

Why I Actually Miss High School

By Carson McGrath
September 30, 2014 - 9:00am

There’s this stigma now about high school that we’re all in college. That "oh my god finally I made it out of that hell hole of 4 years and am onto bigger and better things" feeling. READ MORE

Cashing in on BANKS

By Elena Lopez
September 30, 2014 - 9:00am

In my experience, musically inclined Collegiettes love being ahead of the curve, and this girl is no different. Recently BANKS has decided to make herself known after years of opening shows for artists like The Weeknd. Her first album, Goddess, aptly named for her otherworldly voice, was released on September 5th under the imprint group Harvest, which is under the umbrella of Universal Music Group. READ MORE

Prince Harry Appreciation Article

By Catie Baumgartner
September 30, 2014 - 9:00am

This one doesn’t require a whole lot of explanation. Basically, Prince Harry celebrated his birthday last week, and in honor of the big 3-0 we thought we’d take a look back at some of his best moments over the years. And if you’re thinking, this just sounds like an excuse to look at pictures of him. You’re right.  Let's start here, shall we? READ MORE

5 Reasons Why I’m Excited For the Colder Weather to Arrive

By Isabelle Kagan
September 29, 2014 - 9:00am

Even though it still feels like summer's in the air, the school year is back in full swing and we couldn’t be more excited. From reuniting with friends, to attending all your favorite clubs and sporting events, and obviously getting to party four times a week again, there’s really not a whole lot we dislike about the start of the academic semester, that is, except the heat. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for it to be 90 degrees and sunny, as long as I’m lying on a beach getting a tan and not trapped in an un-air-conditioned classroom for what seems like way longer than 90 minutes. Given that, and the reasons below, I’m sure you’ll agree with us when we collectively ask: can it just be freaking fall already?...

Surviving A Break-Up (Marilyn Monroe Quotes To Get You Through)

By Diana Weinstein
September 29, 2014 - 9:00am

Break-ups are the worst. No matter how many times people tell you “he isn’t even worth it” or “you’re too good for him, anyway," it hurts.  It sucks that people can fall out of love just as easily as they can fall into it. Sometimes, life just doesn’t make sense. But, whenever you’re feeling down on yourself, do some quick self-reflection. We all deserve someone who treats us right and who loves us for who we are. If there is something about you that the person you’re with doesn’t like, they don’t deserve you. We can’t change who we are, but we can change who we’re with, and we should always look to find someone who appreciates all that we are. READ MORE

8 Reasons We Love Vanessa Hudgens

By Katie Logue
September 29, 2014 - 9:00am

1. There isn't a look this girl can't pull off. From boho, to rocker chick, to hollywood glam, she is not afraid to take risks. No big deal - just another day looking perfect. 2. Her relationship with her boyfriend is beyond the cutest thing ever. READ MORE

5 Reasons to Get Excited For the Bruins to Return

By Mariah Scafidi
September 29, 2014 - 9:00am

With the preseason beginning and the days ticking away until the Bruins kick off their 2014-15 regular season, the reasons to get excited for their return can't be numbered - but we gave it our best shot. 5) The Camaraderie READ MORE

Her Story: Discovering the Beauty in Failure

By Kayla Setters
September 25, 2014 - 9:00am

My whole life I’ve seen photographs and writings about my grandmother, Shirley May France. In 1949 she did something remarkable. At the age of 17 she attempted to be the youngest in history to swim across the English Channel. For a brief moment in time, the world turned its attention to the small proud town of Somerset, Massachusetts and the American school girl who would brave the treacherous channel waters. READ MORE

Yes, This Is Another Feminist Article

By Leah Mertes
September 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Webster Dictionary defines feminism as "the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities." Beyoncé features Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s  words on her new song "Flawless," defining a feminist as someone who “believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.” This all seems reasonable, doesn’t it? READ MORE

Photos College Guys Take

By Grace Olivia Brown
September 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Let’s be real, we Collegiettes love boys, but they can definitely get on our nerves. Whether they are cute or annoying, we always love to make fun of them. It is just too easy to do so, and this list of poses they love to do in Facebook pictures sums up why: 1. The “I am too chill” pose: This guy thinks he is hot stuff and wants you to know it. 2. The “I know girls love dogs” pose: READ MORE