Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

U Mass Amherst Blog

The Valuable Lessons I Learned From Getting Screwed Over By a Guy

By Olivia Kennis
September 21, 2014 - 9:00am

Cue classic college confusing relationship story: Girl meets guy. Guy flirts with girl. They both start falling, and before they know it, the two of them have been enveloped in a whirlwind of something completely exciting, but incredibly indefinable. Weeks, months pass, and still no label. At this point, what’s a girl to do? Hope for the best? It’s too late to play hard to get; you’re already in too deep. READ MORE

5 Must-Have Jackets for Fall

By Ellanje Ferguson
September 20, 2014 - 9:00am

According to our calendars, fall is just a few weeks away. Now according to New England, fall is already here. But don’t sigh just yet, this doesn’t mean that the days of crop tops have to officially end.  READ MORE

Indonesia: Thoughts on Traveling and Being Abroad

By Katy Rieber
September 19, 2014 - 9:00am

After a cab ride, two layovers and a twenty-five hour flight, I arrived in Indonesia. It felt like I had just traveled halfway across the world because, well, I had. There I was in Bali: a spiritual mecca for yogis, wanderers, and explorers of the world. A place where finding yourself is supported and losing yourself is encouraged.  I spent two months in Bali this spring, participating in an adventure camp internship. However, the trip quickly became less about work and more about working on myself. READ MORE

10 BuzzFeed Quizzes You Should Take NOW

By Simonica Mendes
September 18, 2014 - 9:00am

Boring, rainy afternoons are a thing of the past now. If you haven't been bitten by the BuzzFeed bug, now is your chance. If you don't believe in the magic of this site, just wait until you check out these 10 fabulous quizzes that will surely hook you into the world of BuzzFeed greatness.  1. What Should Your Friend Group Be For Halloween? READ MORE

Why Guardians of the Galaxy Was the Best Movie of the Summer

By Chaeli Barbaro
September 17, 2014 - 9:00am

Summer 2014 was a hot one for movies. It included flicks such as The Fault in Our Stars, 22 Jump Street, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Marvel's initial ads for its latest superhero movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, definitely looked a tad lame. Despite being the summer underdog, it caught on with audiences of all kinds and quickly became one of the most successful films of the season. The story of five selfish misfits who band together and unknowingly save the galaxy completely surprised everyone with it's sarcastic humor, killer soundtrack, and loveable characters. Here's why Guardians of the Galaxy was the best movie of Summer 2014: 1. Chris. Freaking. Pratt. READ MORE...

5 Tips for Reading Online News

By Kristin LaFratta
September 17, 2014 - 9:00am

News is important. And overwhelming – according to 70% of Americans polled in 2013. The Internet has changed the way we consume all kinds of media: algorithms used by social media sites like Facebook have created a generation of users with bad Internet habits, filling our feeds with information they think is personally important to us (i.e. – Which "Friends" Character Are You?). READ MORE

Why Having An Older Brother is the Best

By Rachel Annese
September 16, 2014 - 9:00am

I’ve always thought that one of my greatest gifts was being granted an older brother. I was never jealous of my friends with younger siblings or sisters, because I have always looked up to my brother so much (I may regret admitting this later). Here are just a few reasons why having an older brother is absolutely the best:  READ MORE

Get Your Pumpkin On: Recipes for Fall

By Brilee Weaver
September 15, 2014 - 9:00am

Summer slipped away as you interned, studied abroad or worked your butt off at the local mall. And now you’re finally back on campus! Your enthusiasm breeds ambition and soon you’re swallowed up by club meetings and assignment deadlines. READ MORE

Best Boots for Back to School

By Emma Crowley
September 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Fall is my favorite season. Is it because of the crisp air, changing leaves, and apple picking? Partly; but mostly because it's my favorite time of year for fashion. I love sweaters, stripes, flannels, leggings, jeans, button ups, and of course, the shoes! READ MORE

5 Ways Europe Changed the Way I See The World

By Anastasia Armstrong
September 14, 2014 - 9:00am

This summer, my family and I had the amazing opportunity to explore Europe. While my parents had already explored some incredible places on this continent, for my sisters and I, this was our first time ever exploring Europe and the nervous excitement we had was nothing like I have had before. Our trip took us to Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, with our final stop in Italy. Those six weeks this summer will go down as one of the best experiences I have had so far in my life. READ MORE