photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

“Cuffing season” is in full force and new couples seem to be coming out of the woodwork. The added pressure of having every single relative ask you during the holidays if you’re dating someone never helps, either. Even your horoscope has been telling you how lackluster your love life has been lately. Sometimes it just feels like the universe is out to get you.

Don’t be down in the dumps, ladies. Being single isn’t all that bad. It is not a reflection of who you are or what you are worth, and it certainly does not mean that something is wrong with you. 

You can still enjoy the finer things in life when you’re single, like PIZZA AND WINE. Beyoncé wrote a single lady anthem dedicated completely for you. I mean come on, that’s got to count for something. When you’re at a concert and Usher says, “now where are all my single ladies at?” you can scream at the top of your lungs with no remorse. You can spend as much time as you want with your friends without feeling the least bit guilty. The most important thing of all is that you can use this time to focus on yourself and figure out who you are and what makes you awesome, because there are a lot of awesome things about you

And hey, sometimes relationships aren’t what they are cracked up to be. Listen to any T-Swift song, she’ll tell ya! The truth is, you’re doing just fine. A guy will come along soon enough, but for now, just enjoy your life. Now all my single ladies, put your hands up!

Images: 1/2/3

Rachel Annese

U Mass Amherst

A junior at UMass Amherst who enjoys all things Beyonce, singing in the shower, and spending endless nights watching The Office.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst