This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Have you ever thought about how you can be a heartbreaker? Well all you have to do is follow these steps as told by Marina.

Whether you’re feelings down about a breakup or prepping for a GNO, you should listen to Marina and the Diamonds. With her fun beats and her sassy lyrics, her songs can be quite catchy and humorous. Marina describes her songs as, “Mainly about love, but with a sense of humor. The songs are about when you’ve been screwed over a bit. Instead of writing super depressing songs about heartbreak, these songs are pretty sarcastic.” Check out “How To Be A Heartbreaker” here.

Rule #1: “Is that you gotta have fun. And baby when you’re done, you gotta be the first to run.”

What she means: Go out and have fun! Party it up with your crew on the weekends (or on a Tuesday if you’re Drake and Makonnen). Treat yourself to a new outfit or rock a bold lip. 

Rule #2: “Don’t get attached to somebody you could lose.”

Rule #3: “Wear your heart on your cheek, but never on your sleeve… Unless you want to taste defeat.”

If you’re wearing your heart on your cheek, you are keeping your true emotions hidden. Wearing it on your sleeve means that the whole world knows your feelings and emotions.

Rule #4: “Gotta be looking pure, kiss him goodbye at the door.”

Well, Collegiettes, “This is how to be a heartbreaker. Boys they like a little danger. We’ll get them falling for a stranger, a player, saying I lo lo love you!”

gifs: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / header: 1

Jessica Chien

U Mass Amherst

Jessica is currently a Sophomore at UMass Amherst. She is a studio arts major who enjoys drawing, drinking coffee and having dance parties in her dorm room. She doesn't like to be rushed when it comes to eating and she listens to her favorite song on repeat when she's walking to class.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst