This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Hello Collegiettes! With finals week coming soon, stress and work levels are definitely going to be increasing tenfold. Don’t fret though! Here’s a list of ways you can keep yourself calm, cool and on top of your work on the UMass campus from now up until move-out day! 

Find a calming place to do work: If you’re the type of person that tends to get overwhelmed or stressed during your study/work sessions, try finding a place that is more relaxing than a classroom or the library. Places like Orchard Hill, the Durfee Conservatory or Amherst common are all some great places to try! All of them are relatively quiet, but also really relaxing and beautiful atmospheres. If you get stressed out, it’s easy to take a break and lay out in the grass, or take in the beauty of the nature around you. 

Go to the gym: Working out can be a really great way of helping you forget about everything that you have due in the next couple weeks. The rec center also has a ton of classes that might interest you more than the equipment on the other floors. They have everything from belly dancing to yoga!

Make sure to leave time for yourself: It’s easy to forget about your own health once stress takes over. Try to make sure to make time every day to relax or gather your thoughts. Take a moment to walk around campus, or just watch a few episodes of your favorite T.V. show on Netflix. Anything that helps you keep calm. 

Make use of the RASCs in your building: Freshman, if you’re stressed over your work or studying- whether it be because you don’t understand something, or you’re just not sure if what you’re doing is right, try meeting with your peer mentors and R.A’s at your RASC! Everyone there is super helpful and more than willing to make sure that you’re understanding everything that you’re learning! 

Use the Writing Center at the library: On the lower level of the library (and also with online meetings), the UMass Writing Center is a great place to help you with any papers you might have. Here, you can bring in your rough draft, or just your prompt, and meet with someone to help you figure out what will be most effective to write about. They’re great especially if you struggle with organizing your thoughts, or if you’re not sure whether or not your essay is strong enough. Make sure to make an appointment before you go!

Hopefully all of your work and finals go smoothly in these next few weeks before summer! Just remember, take time for yourself, get plenty of rest and stay on top of your work, and you’ll do fabulously!

Source: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst