5 Ways the Extreme Introvert Can Celebrate Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Hello my fellow Collegiettes!

As you all know, Halloween is just around the corner and it’s time to prepare for the unstoppable craziness that will be sure to appear on campus.

However, if you are anything like me, Halloween is not a time for going out and dressing up, but for curling up in bed with your hot date, Netflix. In an effort to make this weekend a little more eventful in my life and yours, here is a short list of ways to make Halloween fun for the people like us.

#1 Netflix (bet you didn’t see that one coming!)

Invite some friends who want nothing more than a quiet night in. While munching on your favorite candy, choose from horror films such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Carrie, Scream, or the mind-blowing series of Paranormal Activity (haha).

If the classic horror movie is not for you, then starting a scary TV show might be! The popular TV horror choices on Netflix are ones you are bound to have heard of before: Supernatural, The Walking Dead or American Horror Story. Your options are endless!

(Or you can watch pure comedy, it’s not like anyone really cares what you’re watching when you have Netflix in front of you, right?)

#2 Bake some Halloween treats!

I finally have a kitchen in my dorm this year, so bring on the Halloween sweets! It has been years since I made fun Halloween snacks with friends or family, but luckily the Internet exists, and I was able to find some very cute treats.

Candy Corn Rice Krispies

Nutter Butter Ghosts

Witch Brooms

#3 Cards Against Humanity featuring candy (of course)

Find the biggest, blackest box of Cards Against Humanity that you can. Gather a group of friends to play (if you haven’t played this game yet, then I suggest preparing beforehand if you want to win). Make sure you have a huge quantity of candy with you, so every time someone wins a round, candy is rewarded.

#4 A halfhearted Halloween costume

Instead of taking all the time in the world to find or create the perfect costume, just get some face paint. With very little talent, I have always resorted to turning my face into a cat or a butterfly. However, if you have the amazing abilities to create a spooky face like this, do it! This way, you still look like you’re participating in the holiday, but without too much flare. People will think you put in a lot of effort nonetheless.

#5 It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

If you enjoy a good Halloween classic, ABC shows It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown every Halloween, and it is pretty much the cutest movie ever. It’s probably the least scary option, but potentially the most holiday-appropriate of them all. How could anyone saw no to this? While everyone’s outside freezing, you’ll be inside, munching on candy and watching the most adorable film ever!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anastasia Armstrong. English Major at UMass Amherst.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst