11 Things that Demise Throughout the Semester As Told by the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

While it may seem as though the school year just started yesterday, the work load is sadly already piled up. Although you were Miss Put-Together at the begining of the year, you have slowly become that familiar, over-worked self that you transform into each semester. Here’s what’s already falling apart:

1. That tanned and toned summer bod you worked so hard for.

Hopefully the extra weight will act as a second coat during the winter…

2. Your eight-hours-a-night-for-Sleeping-Beauty routine has now become maybe-five-hours-and-two-cups-of-coffee-cutie.

It would be advisable not to speak until the coffee is in hand.

3. The plan to eat three healthy meals a day has now turned into shoving whatever is quick and easy into your mouth.

That pizza from three days ago is still good, right?

4. Your ability to have free time is decreasing. And fast.

“Yes, we should totally get together! Do you want to meet for lunch next semester?”

5. Your personal happiness feels challenged because of the midterm, quiz, and paper due this week.

You can do this, you can do this, you can do this.

6. The privilege of confidently swiping your debit card is dwindling.

I am 38 percent certain I can afford this shampoo.

7. Netflix time is now Netflix-plus-stressful-procrastination time.

Same goes to that good feeling about going out…

I came out to have a good time, and I’m honestly feeling so attacked right now. 

8. Where did your strong will to recieve your degree go?

People told me it was going to be hard, but not this hard. 

9. The desire to wear fashionable outfits and be fully accessorized everyday has morphed into a cycle of sneakers, leggings, and baggy t-shirts.

I’m going for that distressed, sporty style—what can I say?

10. Once calm phone conversations with your parents have become less light-hearted, and filled with venting about your never-ending stresses.

But MOM, my homework is bullying me!

11. Your ability to keep yourself together 24/7 has left the building.

I would like to formally thank all of my friends and family for putting up with me.

Images/GIFs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Lauren McLellan

U Mass Amherst

Hello! I'm a senior at UMass Amherst. I am an economics major and I love hockey, the beach, and Sex and the City!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst