This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Between the stress of the work that comes with the end of the semester and the realization that bathing suit season is upon us, this time of year it seems to get pretty packed at the gym. While the gym can make you feel better in the long run, no pun intended, the minutes spent doing cardio can make it feel like time is going in slow motion. Now I know everyone has their own individual music taste, but here is a list of songs that help me get through those long, sweaty minutes.

1) How You Love Me- 3LAU

2) All My Love- Richard Beynon & Zen Freeman feat. CeCe Peniston

Both of these songs would fall under the EDM genre. Even if you aren’t the biggest fan of EDM, I find that the quick beats help me maintain a quick pace on a run.

3) Feeling Myself- Nicki Minaj ft. Beyonce

4) Tom Ford- Jay-Z

For the rap fans out there, I find these two songs particularly motivating for me mid-run.

5) Misery Business- Paramore

6) When I Get Home You’re So Dead- Mayday Parade

Now these songs may bring major flashbacks from the middle school days, but if embracing your middle school self gets you through your run it’s worth it, right?

7) Shakira – La La La (Brazil 2014) ft. Carlinhos Brown

8) Britney Spears – Work B*tch

9) Ne-Yo – Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)

10) Beyoncé – Countdown

These last four songs could fall under the category of pop, which just happens to be my favorite. Leave it to Queen B to have a perfect song to literally count down to the end of your run.

I hope this helps Collegiettes, and may your workouts be productive, sweaty, and maybe even enjoyable! 

Photo Source: 1

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst