This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With the semester coming to its end, everyone is looking to make their summer plans. Well Collegiettes, look no further! If you think your wallet can afford it and have a viable passport, take a risk and cross the pond, and head on over to one of the following 10 destinations in Europe for the best summer of your life.

1. Ibiza, Spain: The absolute nightlife playground for adolescents and adults, Ibiza has become infamous over the past few years. A long coastline comprised of so many gorgeous beaches, Ibiza is also home to numerous night clubs, bars, and restaurants. This island is party-central for those who can handle it.

2. Mykonos, Greece: One of the most renowned islands of Greece, Mykonos is the destination for many celebrities worldwide. Most recently, the Kardashians’ excursion brought fame to the isle but that’s not all. Beautiful sandy beaches, reasonably priced cocktails, topless beaches, and fun beach bars; this island attracts everybody. 

3. Saint-Tropez, France: You’ve definitely heard about this beautiful location through the song, “Welcome to St. Tropez.” Located in the French Riviera, this coastal town is famous for its toplessness and nudity. Bare if you dare!

4. Boom, Belgium: California has Coachella, Tennessee has Bonnaroo, Illinois has Lollapalooza, but Europe? Europe has Tomorrowland. Though a little out of the way, this unforgettable EDM festival takes place in the small town of Boom, in Belgium. Seems a little far? Check out this video and see how much fun this little town can be…

5. Santorini, Greece: One of the many beautiful Greek isles, Santorini is filled with black-sand beaches from the once-active volcano on site. Numerous travel guides have named Santorini the most romantic destination, due to its’ beautiful sunsets. 

6. Barcelona, Spain: If you’re not looking for a solely beach getaway this summer, Barcelona is the place for you. The beautiful cosmopolitan atmosphere combined with the infamous nightlife, the delicious sangria, and the historical and artistic surroundings make this a great vacation spot.

7. Sardinia, Italy: Delicious cuisine by a stunning coastline is a dime a dozen in Sardinia, Italy. Though the location is most frequent for domestics, international travelers are attracted to the beautiful scenes and the historical monuments. You can even take a walk along the most colorful neighborhood in Europe.

8. Algarve, Portugal: If you’re looking for a beautiful coastline in the southern region of Portugal, Algarve is where you should be. Though it is not a popular location for travelers, the hidden beaches, beautiful underwater caves, and wonderful seaside cliff cafes make it the perfect romantic getaway. 

9. Prague, Czech Republic: For those who appreciate fine culture for the vacation destinations, Prague is the place to go! Filled with wondrous castles, beautiful classic taverns, misty cellars filled with old-fashioned pubs, Prague looks beautiful day in and day out. Taking a walk around the Old Town Square is definitely an afternoon well-spent.

10. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: The labyrinthine capital of The Netherlands is ideal for those who love bike rides. Eliminate your carbon footprint and rent a bike to tour the city. Don’t feel like riding a bike? Walking the city is just as beautiful. Make sure to walk by the Jordaan and Rembrandtplein squares and take in some architectural history. If you like art, make sure to stop by the Van Gogh museum – it is absolutely sensational.

Enjoy your summer ladies! 

*All images are courtesy of Google.

Irene Tzelalis

U Mass Amherst

I am a junior at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, majoring in Psychology. I was born and raised in Athens, Greece until I came to study in the United States. I have family from New York and Egypt and love different cultures. I have an obsession with clothes and wish I could have majored in Fashion. My hobbies range from online shopping, to reading, to swimming, but I absolutely love writing. I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus UMass.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst