This Week’s Campus Celebrity: 3rd Annual EPIC Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

On the 30th of October, the Foster Student Innovation Center transformed into a fashion runway decked out in pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  HerCampus UMaine presented the UMaine community with their 3rd Annual Epic Fashion Show! Twenty UMaine students were recruited to walk the runway to model and promote local buisnesses and student, upcoming designer’s clothing! This year clothes came from as far away as Alabama! Two of 20 the models, Spencer Wood and Ava (picture below), have participated in all 3 of our fashion shows!

HerCampus raised $285 dollars for Susan G. Komen through selling tickets to our show and selling raffle tickets the week before! Our raffle include two Vera Bradley gift sets and a gift bag provided by the UMaine Bookstore! Local businesses also showed their love by supporting our cause including Verve,  Family Dog, UNO’s,  Neuro Sonic, and the bookstore!

HerCampus UMaine would like to thank everyone for their support this year and can’t wait until the 4th Annual Epic Fashion Show next fall! In the meantime, don’t forget to check out HerCampus UMaine’s next event with Male Athletes Against Violence at the Bear Brew on November 23rd! 

Erin Vogel is a Senior at the University of Maine majoring in Abnormal/Social Psychology with a minor in Child Development and Family Relations.
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.