A Unique Thanksgiving Pie You’ll Definitely Stuff Your Face With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As the holiday season is right around the corner, many of you are excited to gain a pant size in the delicious binge eating we will participate in on Thanksgiving. While many are giddy with excitement, there are also those who have the slightest bit of nerve around the responsibility of contributing a dish to the meal. If you need an easy, yet delicious, pie to serve for this Thanksgiving, this one will not disappoint.

Turtle Pumpkin Pie

• ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping, divided
  • 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
  • ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. chopped pecans, divided
  • 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

Instructions:

1. Pour ¼ cup caramel topping onto bottom of pie crust; sprinkle with ½ cup nuts.
  2. Beat next 5 ingredients in large bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; spoon into crust.
  3. Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with remaining COOL WHIP, caramel topping and nuts just before serving.

So this Thanksgiving, don’t get caught in that embarrassing moment of showing up empty handed. Bring this pie, and your family will never doubt your abilities ever again. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a full belly!

Photo and recipe: 1

Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.