Top 10 Cheapest Spring Break Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As February comes to a close and warm weather is on the horizon, it’s time to start thinking about all the things March brings- the most important one being spring break! Two weeks of complete and utter relaxation. But if you’re not so fond of the thought of heading home and are looking to escape somewhere much warmer to a place that you can actually afford, look no further than this list. We have ranked the top 10 cheapest places to spring break coupled with actual estimations of what it would cost to travel there!

10. Cancun, Mexico

While almost 2,000 miles away, Cancun holds the number 10 spot of cheapest places to spring break. Cancun is a hopping city and the ultimate spring break destination. Cancun is crammed with festive bars, an amazing party scene and miles-long, gorgeous beaches. It’s also home to one-of-a-kind sightseeing opportunities and cheap shopping plazas.

Cost to travel: $800 with hotel and airfare

9. Jamaica

Although slightly pricier than other spring break locations, this one made the list simply because it’s known for it’s incredible nightlife. With some of the most diverse culture around, you’re sure to get soaked up in the picturesque beaches, vibrant nightlife and delicious cuisine while you’re here.

Cost to travel: $1,400 with an all-inclusive stay at the Montego Bay Resort

8. Bermuda

Because it is closer than most destinations on this list (it’s located off the coast of North Carolina), airfare is dirt cheap. Unfortunately because of the relatively low temperatures, you won’t be spending much time in the water. You will, on the other hand, score killer hotel deals! November through April is the off-season here with the temperature highs reaching only 60-70 degrees, so make sure to bring extra cash that you can spend on shopping and sightseeing!

Cost to travel: $750 with hotel and airfare

7. Puerto Rico

U.S. citizens can travel here without a passport so get ready! Home to beautiful beaches and a buzzing night scene in the Caribbean, this is a destination that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Cost to travel: $1,134 with hotel and airfare

6. Daytona, Florida

Daytona is the place to find cheap hotels, inexpensive restaurants and all-inclusive options. Home to one of the biggest spring break scenes around, make sure to spend at least one spring break here during your four years in college.

Cost to travel: $729 with hotel and airfare

5. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

This shore town in the heart of South Carolina is sure to win over your heart (and your wallet) as your favorite spring break destination. Many people drive to cut costs, and once you arrive there will be restaurants, shopping, and hotels at your disposal.

Cost to travel: $694 with hotel and airfare

4. Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Another destination that is moderately priced, especially when considering the average costs of leaving the country, is Costa Rica. Costa Rica  is home to some of the most lush flora and fauna, and some of the most vivacious nightlife. A beautiful place to spend your days lounging on their endless beaches, or a place to be adventurous and zipline through the rainforest.

Cost to travel: $1,100 with hotel and airfare

3. Atlantic City, New Jersey

With a vibrant nightlife, the casino’s here will keep you entertained for hours on end. This city is home to a beautiful boardwalk, live music shows, and nightclubs. So don’t worry if the weather isn’t warm enough to swim, you’ll find plenty to grab your attention and keep you satisfied your entire stay.

Cost to travel: $600 with hotel and airfare

2. South Padre Island, Texas

This destination is not for the faint of heart. If you vacation here be prepared for your vacation to be filled with debauchery and so many naked cowboys. The bars are filled with people that value character over class and word on the street is you can find some of the most famous musicians performing here when all of the spring breakers roll in.

Cost to travel: $850 with hotel and airfare

1. Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Fort Lauderdale is home to an entire strip of nightlife. Everything from the Walking Taco to a five-star restaurant can be found in this whirlwind of a beach town. Although there’s not a lot to keep you entertained at night if you are under the age of 21, this destination is the perfect place to ditch your worries and soak up the sun!

Cost to travel: $900 with hotel and airfare

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Abby is a second year Business Management and Marketing double major at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Alpha Phi and enjoys reading, knitting, traveling, and spending time with friends and family in her spare time.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.