Three Products That are Essential in Orono

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

We all have those products that we are fanatic about. As soon as we tried them we were hooked and couldn’t help but tell everyone we knew about how life changing it could be. Sounds a little silly but you know exactly what I’m talking about. These are my three essentials, year round, regardless or season or climate, they are must haves. They are all super basic and affordable, yet they make all the difference, Orono weather is hard on your face, lips and hair but these products can combat it.

Kiehl’s- The miracle moisturizer
            The key to healthy skin is the moisturizer. Having a moisturizer specifically for your face is overlooked far too often and makes all the difference. Kiehl’s is unlike any other moisturizer, its like giving your face a huge glass of water. Its light  but super concentrated and not greasy.   The basic Ultra Facial Moisturizer is so perfect for every skin type and so basic. They also offer tinted versions, which also contain SPF. The SPF is a little lighter, but still as hydrating and an easy way to protect your face from those harmful UV rays. I have really sensitive skin and this really does the trick for me and the bottle is so conveniently small I can bring it anywhere with me, even in my favorite tiny satchel.  They also have a fabulous line of anti-aging products, its never too soon to start fighting wrinkles, it would be nice to look 20 forever. You can go to any Kiehl’s booth and get so many good samples that you can find the one that’s perfect for you. The company has been around forever and has stores all over the world. When I studied abroad in Italy I could still replenish my supply a couple blocks from my apartment. 

Moroccan Oil – Not just a beauty fad
            Products come along all the time, where once they get momentum you hear about them and see them everywhere. Whatever. This is much more than that, and has some serious legitimacy.  If I do not put Moroccan Oil in my hair after every wash, it does not feel healthy. It replenishes the hairs natural moisture lost throughout many of our style processes. Its important that you have a protectant for your hair if you decide to style it, even if you just wear a braid your hair can be damaged. It also helps to speed up the drying time, which for me eliminates needing to blow dry it, even in the winter and my hair is anything but tame and this works some sort of magic so it seems like I have luxurious hair. Did I mention how amazing all the Moroccan Oils products smell? People love to tell me how delicious my hair smells and if I use more than just the oil (the hair spray is unlike any other too), the compliments get a little tiresome.

Rose Salve- Every girls everything product
            In my world travels, I have met a lot of girls from a lot of different places and it doesn’t surprise me at all how popular this product is. On the little tin it says, “face, lips, cuticles, elbow, knees”, obviously not your average chapstick. It literally works on everything it says, your wenis will never look as good as it does with Rose Salve, your lips have never been this luscious, and you wont even remember why you ever worried about your cuticles. I’ve gotten all my friends hooked on this and now they buy them for me! Hello perfect, easy, but still thoughtful, present. No more cracked lips and face from the -20 degree wind whipping around the Mall.

We cannot control the weather, but controlling how our body deals with them is easy with these three products. You’ll never know you could feel so moisturized everywhere and that you didn’t have to stress out over it. Goodbye dry, greasy skin, goodbye broken, dull hair, goodbye cracked lips. Momma Maddie rescued you.

photo credit: google images