photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Profile: Lilly Shamlian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

With Thanksgiving being this week, we decided to turn to our helping majors this week for our campus profile. As a senior, Lilly is a social work major, has participated in various service organizations and has even applied to the Peace Corps. We’d say she has a pretty helpful bone in her body and is one of those people that knows what the true meaning of Thanksgiving is. Here are a few things about Lilly Paul!

Basic Facts

Name: Lilly Shamlian

Hometown: Malden/ Stoneham MA

Relationship Status: Facebook official (pretty serious)

Sign: Libra

Twitter: Lillylimpin

Instagram: Lillylimpin

Campus Life

Major: Social Work (Best decision I’ve ever made in all 22 years of living)

Why UMaine: I honestly really liked Wells Maine. I realized pretty quickly that Orono is no Wells. I love it here though

Bests

Best friends: K8 Andy D Hayli Wheatstone JBo Ken LFogg Calan Preston Jared Lyons and Ryan Flanagan when he feels like it. Carlos before he lived at Park Street. GMac & Sync. And all my Bangor friends (looking at you chillus & matt cosgrove) oh and Corey Brown

Best place to meet people at UMaine: Memorial Union around 12:15

Best professor: Debra Mattson (Generalist Practice SWK 361)

Best class: SWK 101

Best thing to do on the weekends here: Fam Dog in the morning for the atmosphere. Exploring the hub of Orono.

Thanksgiving

What is the best thing to eat on Thanksgiving?

The cranberry sauce that comes in the can (still has the lines and everything).

Why do you think it’s important to be thankful?

I think people should reflect on what they are thankful for always. No more or less on Thanksgiving.

What are you most thankful for? The professors in the social work department, my roomates and friends from home.

Favorites

Favorite song to dance to at a party: Man of the Year by ScHoolboy Q

Favorite place to eat in Orono: Bear Brew hands down!!!

Favorite SnapChat filter? The Boston ones

Top Three’s

What are the top three things on your bucket list?

1. Learn how to golf

2. Ice fishing

3. Going to Turkey

What are the top three things about graduating?

1. Actually graduating

2. Not worrying about graduate school

3. Jared Lyons and Kelsey Monahan coming to my graduation

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.