This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Basic Facts

Name: Chloe Dyer

Hometown: Chebeague Island, Maine

Relationship status: Single

Sign: Scorpio

Instagram: chlo994

Birthday: October 23rd

Campus Life

Major: Mass Communication

Year: Senior

Why UMaine: I honestly didn’t want to go here in high school but I transferred here sophomore year and have loved it ever since

How are you involved on campus?  I’m the Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief of Her Campus, I’m a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, and I’m member of Lambda Pi Eta, the CMJ honors society

Bests

Best friends: shoutout to 132, also Mimi Lyon Edmondson, my little (Nadea Ross, check out her Her Campus profile)

Best place to meet people at UMaine: The bathroom of a party or The Roost (but also in all honesty also joining things like clubs or Greek life)

Best professor: Paul Grosswiler

Best class: CMJ 314 International Mass Communication

Best thing to do on the weekends here: Dollar Wells, Roost/Brew on Thursdays (do those count as the weekend?), tailgates in the fall, darties in the spring

Favorites

Favorite song to dance to at a party: Trap Queen, or if it’s last call at the Roost screaming to Mr. Brightside by The Killers

Favorite song to listen to alone while driving your car:  Snow- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Favorite place to eat in Orono: Thai Kitchen

Her Campus

How long have you been involved with Her Campus and why did you get involved?

I’ve been involved with Her Campus for two years. I started out as a contributing writer and became Editor in Chief this year. I joined because I love writing and I used to read the Her Campus articles and decided I wanted to be part of creating them.

What is your favorite thing about Her Campus?

I love that it is an organization that is dedicated to empowering women. It is great for giving students leadership roles and experience in writing and social media while in college. I also love getting the free survival kits products.

Why should people get involved with Her Campus?

Writing is fun! You don’t have to be a “good” writer to join- you always find out what is going on around campus, you get free stuff, and you get to see yourself published! Plus you meet an awesome group of women.

What will you miss most about Her Campus?

I will miss being in an organization where everyone has a love for writing and for the campus. I love how Her Campus really connects the campus community, because there is a pretty big following of Her Campus here at UMaine- it connects people and lets everyone know what’s going on and I’ll miss that sense of community.

Or’s

Union or Bears Den?  Bear’s Den, because they sell alcohol

Roost or Bear Brew? Roost!

Fall semester or spring semester? Fall semester because the weather is way better, there’s tailgates and Homecoming, and Halloweekend

Top Three’s

What are the top three things on your bucket list?

1. Travel to Australia/New Zealand

2. Write a book

3. Get a dog

What are the top three things about graduating?

1. No more schoolwork

2. Independence to do whatever I want in life, like traveling or living in new places

3. Getting a dog

What are the top three things you will miss most about UMaine?

1. Seeing everyone I know at the bars

2. Maine Day

3. Halloween being a three-day long event

Other

What advice do you have to any undergrads here?

Study abroad!! I can’t stress it enough. Studying abroad was by far one of my favorite semesters of college and it’s so easy to travel around and see new places, which is harder to do after you graduate. Some of my favorite classes I ever took were abroad (and they were graded more easily) and it also made me appreciate UMaine more.

Do you have any regrets?

I don’t try to live with any regrets, but they’d probably be not coming to UMaine freshman year and not joining things sooner. Get involved in clubs and Greek life early on, because you will most likely end up loving them and not wanting to leave and wishing you had more time. Just try everything you want to do while in college!

What are your future plans?

I’m traveling to England and Scotland for 10 days after college and after that I guess I have to be an adult. But some of my future plans include traveling even more, working in communications/marketing, and expanding more on my blog that I have with the Bangor Daily News called “Gluten Free ME”.

*All photos courtesy of subject*

Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.