People You Find at Fogler Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Going to the library for some is an everyday occurrence while others don’t even know what the inside of Fogler looks like.

Here’s some of the people you can spot at Fogler:

You’ve got the people who look unfamiliar with the library and sit on the first floor, mostly looking at their cell phones or watching videos on Facebook. These people usually come and go pretty quickly before they have to get back to their next Netflix series.

Then you have the engineering students who are usually studying in packs on the engineering floor upstairs. They tend to stay there for an extended period of time and are working diligently to get work done.

The nursing majors usually look flustered with the copious amounts of work they have to complete. You can also catch them crushing flash cards for the next exam they have, or printing off endless sheets of paper by the printers.

You have those girls who don’t tend to go to the library often, but when they do they are dressed to the nines ready to find the man of their dreams (ladies don’t give up he’s out there).

Each day you can always count on finding those kids that are always at the library that just look beyond stressed out. You’re not sure if it’s classes or what but you just want to go up to them and pat them on the back and let them know every thing is going to be okay.

Then there’s the kids that go there just to print things off and stand behind you like the whole world should stop for them because they finally came to the library and other people there have the audacity to print at the same time as them.

Without fail there will be members of Greek life sitting together getting in study hours and completing assignments.

The New Media computer lab is usually full of students having technical difficulties with projects or assignments due. They’ll usually be here for hours on end trying to complete work, and will still leave with a chance that the technical difficulty is still present.

Lastly, you’ve got those kids that wander around the library, you’re not really sure if they’re with anyone but you always see them around. They’re usually by the bathroom or the Oakes Room talking on the phone having a strangely in-depth conversation, and for some reason you get a strange reason to feel they’’re not there doing homework.

Photo: 1

Current Student at the University of Maine, Orono going into her third year. Majoring in Journalism with a minor in New Media, concentration on photojournalism.   Grace is from Stoneham, a suburb outside Boston, Massachusetts. She originally was enticed by the University as a recruit for the track and field team. Now she is on her third year competing for the varsity team.  ​ Grace has a passion for journalism because she believes there is always a story to be told and a voice to be heard on a subject matter. Without people expressing their own voice change can never be made.  
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.