No Time, No Problem Toning Work Out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Are you super busy this week with classes, studying, or work and don’t have time to go to the Rec Center? Don’t worry because we have an at home workout that’s just right for you and you don’t need any equipment to do it!

1. Walking Lunges x 15 reps each leg                                                                               
Lunges are one of the best exercises for your lower body. It targets our quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes.
TIP: Make sure your knee doesn’t reach beyond your front foot.

2. Planks-Hold 30 seconds  

Planks work your entire body!
TIP: BUTT DOWN! Try to make your body as straight as possible and engage that core! 

3. Squats-12 reps
Squats are a total lower-body exercise that can shape your legs, tone your butt and burn calories.
TIP: Keep your back straight and your chest up.

4. Push-up- 10 reps 
We all know what these are!
TIP: Modify the intensity by adjusting your hand placement. Try wide push – ups to work your chest more and then make a diamond with your hands to really feel the burn in your triceps.

5. Side Planks-Hold 30 seconds each side

Side planks are a great way to work your entire body, especially your core!            
TIP: BREATH! Don’t hold your breath during your ab work.

6. Squat hold-Hold 30 seconds  
Same as the Squats, but this time, hold that squat position,  extend arms overhead towards the sky and pull your shoulder blades back.
TIP: Keep your back straight, your chest up and breath though the stretch. 

Repeat 3 times

Workouts compliments of Livestrong.comand Womenshealthmag.com