Marshelle Stern: Normcore Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Marshelle Stern, a Journalism major going into her third year here at UMaine, is definitely feeling the normcore fashion moment. Normcore focuses on unisex, unassuming clothing. It’s a relaxed, laid-back counter to louder styles currently trending. Marshelle finds inspiration for her fashion wherever she goes. “When I travel I like to observe the trends in cities, they’re always just one step ahead.”

Jacket: Her jacket, perfect for transitioning into spring, was from GAP a few years ago.

Cardigan: It’s Laura Ashley that was  “thrifted by my mother, actually,” says Marshelle. The camel color is easily matched with other pieces.

Jeans: The high (but not too high) waisted jeans are another GAP find.

Belt: Dooney & Bourke. The label’s playful duck logo adds a bit of fun to the outfit.

Boots: Black Bandolino boots are a refreshing change from the bean boots that overrun campus in the winter.

Backpack: Pendleton. Doesn’t that print make you excited for summer?

Marshelle’s laid-back outfit is effortlessly cool with little details that really bring it all together. It’s a look I imagine you’d see in the city.

Looking great, Marshelle! 

Terry Shortt is a fourth year Journalism major minoring in WGS Studies and Creative Writing at the University of Maine. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, playing dress up, crafting, and eating. She fancies herself to be a sex positive, feminist, Martha Stewart. She enjoys the simple pleasures in life, like warm summer nights and perfect cat-eyes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.