stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Get in Shape for Spring Break in Two Weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Having only two weeks until spring break may sound nice, but not if you haven’t been hitting the gym regularly. In this case, two weeks to get in shape can be alarming to some. But have no fear, I’m here to give you six tips to take advantage of these next two weeks because better late than never, right?

1. Get rid of all of your Valentine’s Day candy now.

Whether this means eating it all in one night, throwing it away, or giving it to friends it needs to be gone. Out of sight, out of mind. Although chocolate is always on the mind, it’ll help if it’s not in arms reach at all times.  

2. Cardio, cardio and more cardio!

I know it’s the worst, but it’s so good for you. 

3. Drink a ton of water.

As college students it’s easy to replace water with coffee. In these next two weeks, substitute the five cups of coffee a day with bottles of water. This will lower your sugar intake, help you burn more calories and increase your metabolism. 

4. Eat consistently healthy. 

Eating clean all day and then binging at 8 pm is not going to help you get ready for spring break. Eat a good breakfast, set alarms for snacks and avoid eating past 7:30 pm. 

5. Take a break from alcohol!

Take a cleanse from alcohol before spring break because I’m sure you’ll be getting enough to drink during those two weeks. Drinking comes with a ton of unneeded calories and other unhealthy habits like eating a whole bag of chips in one sitting. 

6. Go to bed at a decent time.

If you aren’t getting enough sleep, your workouts are not going to be as beneficial as they could be. So rest up! 

For all of those workout procrastinators out there, hopefully these tips can guide you to reaching your spring break body quick! Stay calm and take it one day at a time. Good luck collegiettes!  

Photos: 1, 2

Marissa Zink and is currently a sophomore at the University of Maine! She is a Child Development major with a minor in Legal Studies and hopes to go to law school in the future. Marissa is a proud sister of Alpha Phi and loves to hike, read, and drink coffee!