Guide to Homecoming 2016 at UMaine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As most of you may know, it’s Homecoming weekend at UMaine! Homecoming is a great time to meet alumni, support your black bears in various athletic events, and generally have fun celebrating school spirit.  In case you don’t know what is going on this weekend, here is your guide to Homecoming 2016 at UMaine.

Thursday, October 13th

Pub Crawl with UMaine Reach

Although this isn’t exactly a Homecoming school-sponsored event, this definitely kicks off the weekend fun.  Buy a bracelet for $10 to get drink specials at the Brew, Woodmans, The Roost, Family Dog, and Thai Orchid. Support UMaine Reach students as they fundraise for a service trip to Portugal! 

Friday, October 14th

Athletic events happening today:

Field Hockey vs. Vermont 12 pm

Women’s Ice Hockey vs. Merrimack College 2 pm

Men’s Ice Hockey vs. Quinnipiac 7:30 pm

Homecoming Kickoff: Paint the Town Blue! 

Visit your favorite downtown businesses in Orono, get your homecoming schedule and Paint the Town Blue form stamped, and drop it off at the craft fair Friday to win prizes!

PSA: The Bog Walk is closing early for the season on October 15th at 4:30 pm, so it is your last chance to go visit before they start renovations! 

Saturday, October 15th

Football vs. Albany 12 pm

Tailgating starts early so get there early to reserve a tailgating spot!

Men’s Ice Hockey vs. Quinnipiac 7 pm

UMaine Alumni Association Craft Fair 10 am – 5 pm

Sunday, October 16th 

UMaine Alumni Association Craft Fair & Maine Marketplace  10 am – 4 pm

Field Hockey vs. California  11 am

Women’s Soccer vs. UNH  1 pm

Go Blue! 

Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.