The Feelings You Get After Finishing Your Last Final of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Post Traumatic Schedule Dilemma

Finals week PTSD is such a thing. You have spent countless nights in the library, received minimal nutrients throughout the week, and now that you’re officially done you cannot shake the feeling that you’ve forgotten an assignment or missed a final. This looming fear can eat you alive and force you to triple check your Lilly planner.

The Sigh of Relief

For once in four months, you have literally nothing to do. You finally “X” out of the Blackboard tab on your laptop, all of your papers that you tirelessly typed, and that stupid website you had to use for your online class. The sun seems to shine a little brighter, the sky looks a little bluer, and you finally have time to enjoy your latte instead of chugging it.

Best Nap Ever

College kids never hit their pillows harder than after finals week. A weekend of frat parties and bar hopping cannot compare to the exhaustion that is caused by learning a semester’s worth of material for five different classes in the course of one single week. I think one time during finals week I literally felt my brain yawn. It’s possible, trust me. The nap that comes after a college student’s last final exam is comparable to the slumber of a black bear during hibernation.

Home Again, Home Again

I think there is a sensor that goes off in my Mom’s brain when I let her know that I’m on my way home for Winter Break. When I pull into the driveway, I can count on there being my favorite dinner cooking on the stove, my bed being made up to a five-star-hotel’s standards, and open arms waiting for me when I walk through the door. Even if your family drives you as crazy as mine can, coming home to your family for the Holidays is definitely one of the best feelings you can have after finishing finals week. Congrats college kids, we did it. See you again next semester. HCXO

Photos: 1

Phoebe is a third year at the University of Maine double majoring in Child Development and Family Relations & Psychology in the Honors College. One day she plans to get her PhD in Child Clinical Psychology. She enjoys going to Celtics games when she's home in the greatest city on Earth (Boston), playing with her puppy, and spending time with her sisters of Alpha Phi.
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.