This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

It’s finally here! Football season is in full swing, and though some of us may care less about the game, it is a perfect time to brush up on some cooking skills that may have been lost in the heat of the summer. For me and my roommates, Sundays are a day of laziness; a day to reflect on the weekend and maybe catch up on homework if we are feeling ambitious.  In our apartment, Sundays are known as “Fat Sunday.” We usually allow Sunday to be our cheat day, whether we go out to eat or make a new creation, we take our Sundays very seriously. 

This past Sunday I decided that I would watch the NFL’s season opener to support New England’s beloved Patriots take on the Miami Dolphins. Now, I enjoy watching football, but with football comes food. I was invited to my friend’s apartment to watch the game and knew showing up empty handed would be a bad call. So, for the first “Fat Sunday” of the year, I decided to make a classic dip that couldn’t be turned down:

Buffalo Chicken Dip (which was a huge hit, I might add).

Ingredients:
2 packages of cream cheese
1 bottle of Pete’s buffalo sauce
1 bottle of ranch dressing
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese

For the chicken:
I shredded a rotisserie chicken. However, you can also boil two boneless breasts and hand shred them. (If you want to save time, you should use a rotisserie chicken.)

Directions:
Let the cream cheese soften so it is easier to mix. In a large bowl, mix the two packages of cream cheese with 3/4 a cup of ranch and about half of the package of shredded cheese. Next, add the buffalo sauce. I use about half of the bottle, but it depends how hot you want your dip to be. Once everything is blended together, slowly mix in the chicken. Once you have your dip, transfer it into a 1 qt. ungreased, shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.

Baking:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour. Once it is bubbling/browning at the top, it should be done! Take it out, let it cool and then enjoy with chips or baguettes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.