Campus Celebrity: Drunchies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Hey Black Bears! This week’s Campus Celebrity is kind of a big deal. It’s Drunchies Delivery, a new business started by UMaine students Brad Carpentier, Kia Hewins and Gabe Purves! Drunchies is essentially the business you have wished exists every weekend of your entire college career.

For a flate rate delivery fee of $5, Drunchies will deliver literally any food you want. (If your order is more than five items, an additional 50 cents will be charged per item.) When it’s midnight on a Friday, and you’re craving a greasy cheeseburger but definitely shouldn’t be driving, Drunchies will pick it up for you! They’ll even go to Chipotle! Here’s how it works:

·         Text or call Drunchies at (207) 329-5961 or (207) 239–1859. They’re open on Fridays between 8 p.m. and 1:30 a.m., but you can preorder whenever.

·         Chipotle closes at 10, so make sure to preorder before 9.

·         McDonald’s closes at 1 and Burger King closes at 12, so make sure to plan accordingly!

·         Text “FRIES4FRI” before Friday to get a free side of fries with your order!

·         Like the Drunchies Facebook page!

Make sure to give Drunchies a call next time you have a post-party fast food craving! Fast food is delicious, but definitely not worth the risk of drunk driving. 

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.