Campus Celebrity: The Career Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

The Career Center is one of the greatest resources available to us Black Bears here at the University of Maine. Located on the third floor of the Memorial Union, the Career Center has a wide array of services available that are bound to meet everyone’s needs!

The Career Counselors provide free one-on-one meetings with services that range from resume and cover letter critiques to mock interviews to my personal favorite, the Maine Mentor Program. These services are not just tailored towards Juniors and Seniors either, Freshman and Sophomores can benefit greatly as well! The Career Center even has a “Four – Year Plan” for using the Career Center Services that lists out how you can best utilize their services and which ones for each year you are here at UMaine.

Along with the services, there is the Career Library that is filled with books on different professions. You can walk in anytime and use the library resources and computers to work on your job or internship search.

Every Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. you can walk in and get your resume critiqued and get quick questions answered from a Career Counselor without making an appointment! Or to make an appointment, call 581-1359 or just stop in to their office, which is located on the third floor of the Memorial Union.

Get into the Career Center and get your resume critiqued for the upcoming Career Fair that is being held at the New Balance Student Rec. Center on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.