Campus Celebrity: Alexandra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

In honor of Homecoming Weekend, we’re featuring one of the most involved Black Bears as this week’s Campus Celebrity! If you haven’t seen Alexandra on the soccer field, in the classroom, or doing reporting around campus, you can get to know all about her here.

Hometown – Oakville, ON, CanadaMajor – JournalismMinor – Political Science and Film & VideoCareer Goals – Investigative Reporter/Correspondent for ViceCampus Involvement – Maine Women’s soccer, UMaine SAAC (Student-Athlete Advisory Committee), Marketing Department of Athletics

This Homecoming weekend, you’re most excited for: free food and tailgating!!Why you chose UMaine – I could give a long winded answer, but it pretty much comes down to soccerFavorite thing to do in Orono – spotlight cinemas and dollar tree candy. a great time for only $10Aroma Joe’s, Dunkin, or Starbs? DD for pepper jack cheese bagel, starbs for green tea latte with extra matchaBest UMaine memory – Maine Day 2013: grove pool by day, grove streets by nightBest advice for new Black Bears – It’s college, just do you, no one is too cool for school..and come watch a women’s soccer game, we are pretty good!Fav Harvest Moon sandwich: turkey club with extra bacon Fun Fact: I speak French and English and I have some of my poetry published in Spanish

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.