This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Featuring: Fringe Hair Salon 

This month I wanted to feature Fringe Salon, which is located in our very own Orono, Maine. I can’t say enough good things about them. The women there are fantastic at what they do and are very personable. The atmosphere of the salon itself is exactly how a full service salon should feel; upbeat and full of good vibes.

Every time I have gone in, I have been very pleased with the results. Before going to their salon, I had never gotten my hair cut anywhere other than my Aunt’s salon back home. Even with being 3 hours away up at school, I would wait until breaks or weekends to go home to get a trim. It started to become such a hassle that I knew I had to find a local hair salon.

My sister recommended that I check out Fringe, which is where she got her hair cut while attending the University of Maine. I agreed to go and the rest was history! I’ve gone there ever since. They are amazing and I wish I had gone to them sooner. Fringe is a full service salon and they offer everything from hair trims to mani’s and pedi’s for both ladies and gents.

Their prices are very college student friendly and won’t break your bank account. With your Maine card in hand, you can even receive a student discount! The salon is conveniently located right on Main Street and is next-door neighbors with the Bear Brew. The holiday season is right around the corner and you can’t go home for break looking shabby (especially from finals week)! In addition, they offer gift cards, which would be great as stocking stuffers. Not only would you be supporting a local business, you’ll also leave looking fabulous