The 8 Types of Valentine’s Day Dates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

We’ve all been on at least one of these types of dates. If you haven’t- this could possibly be your year. Some are great, some could be better and some are just terrible. Which one will you go on this year?

The Cheap Date

“We can go to McDonald’s?”

C’mon guys, it’s Valentine’s Day. You can do better than the Dollar Menu.

The Exotic Date

WARNING: Reserved for the insanely adventurous people.

The Spontaneous Date

You were planning on going to the movies and maybe dinner after- BUT NO! He brings you out on his boat with candles and stars and- sorry I zoned out. This has to be one of the best dates you could ask for.

The Traditional Date

It never fails. Going out to a high-end restaurant and swapping cute v-day cards. This classic date is the way to go.

The Sappy Date

This is where the love poem, teddy bears and rose petals come into play. You either love this or hate this- there is no in between.

The Stay-At-Home Date

You walk into your dining room and the table is set up perfectly- wine, candles and food. This is a beautiful site and makes for one of the best types of V-Day dates.

The “Oh Wait That’s Today?” Date

Yeah, this happens. You’ll probably end up at McDonald’s – The Cheap Date.

The Anti-Valentine’s Day Date

This date will most likely happen after the previously stated date. V-Day sucks and you’re done with all the brutally high expectations. This is you going out and having fun with your girls- or just eating Ben & Jerry’s ice cream alone.

Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.