8 Movies You Must See This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1. Zoolander 2 (In theaters this Thursday, 2/11)

Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell and many more; this star-studded film will bring you back to the good ole’ Blue Steel days.

2. How to Be Single (In theaters this Thursday, 2/11)

This film will come out just in time for Galentine’s Day.

3. Miles Ahead (April 2016)

Who doesn’t love a good biopic? This particular film enlists the help from seasoned actors, such as Ewan McGregor and Don Cheadle, to tell the life story of the infamous Miles Davis.

4. X-Men: Apocalypse (May 2016)

A new villain, Apocalypse, has arrived with the intent to drive the world to extinction. Will the X-Men be able to stop him before it’s too late?

5. Independence Day: Resurgence (June 2016)

Remember the classic 1996 film Independence Day featuring Will Smith? Do you remember how much you loved it? Fast forward twenty years and prepare yourself for Roland Emmerich’s Independence Day 2.0. The film features not only returning actors such as Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum, but also famous faces such as Liam Hemsworth and Joey King.

6. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (July 2016)

This film stars not only Maine’s pride and joy, Anna Kendrick, but also the infamous ZAC EFRON. Need I say anymore?

7. Jason Bourne (July 2016)

Matt Damon is back for the fourth installation of the Bourne series and, as always, he’s ready to fight.  

8. The Secret Life of Pets (July 2016)

Don’t lie to me and tell me that this doesn’t look like one of the cutest films. This film is perfect for the kids, family, and especially your inner 5-year-old self.

Lee is an International Affairs major and Professional Writing minor at the University of Maine. Aside from her involvement with Her Campus, Lee also plays on the Women's Club Lacrosse team and is a mentor in the Black Bear Mentor program.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.