8 Fashion Trends From the Early 2000s That NEED to Make a Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Styles from 2000 to 2007 have definitely been making a comeback recently and we LOVE it! Here are a few of our favorite styles that we hope to see again soon: 

1.  Skirts over jeans

Can’t decide if you’re going for a pants vibe or a skirt vibe on a night out? Well, duh, just wear both! Top the look off with…

2.  Velcro Puma sneakers

Because when you’re putting on a skirt and jeans, you don’t have time to tie your shoelaces. Kylie Jenner is already bringing back Pumas, so you might as well fish the pair you wore everyday in middle school out of the back of your closet.

3. Victoria’s Secret PINK sweatpants

Pants with writing on the butt NEED to make a comeback. When PINK pants first made their debut, it was tough to figure out what to do with the elasticized pant legs. Were they supposed to be cuffed? Scrunched? So many options! Now that you’re a fabulous twentysomething who is totally secure in her ability to style herself, it’s time to confidently rock the sweatpants your mom didn’t want you wearing to class in seventh grade.

4.  The polo dress

It’s been about ten years since I’ve last worn a polo dress and I’m still not sure exactly what kind of a situation they’re meant to be worn in. Like, I’m not going to be hanging around a tennis club, but I still want to wear one. Throw on some tall sand UGGs and a chunky pearl necklace and you’ve got a super cute, really easy outfit!!

5. Fake Chanel earrings

I mean, maybe people will believe they’re real now that you’re not trying to ball on a babysitter’s budget?

6. Crocs

Leighton Meester wore Crocs, so we should all be wearing Crocs. I know they’ve been totally ridiculed by the fashion world since they were invented, but they’re totally practical and actually really fashion forward if you think about it. Also, Selena’s knee-length jorts and cowboy boots are a look we should resurrect, as well!

7.   Bermuda Shorts

Festival season is sneaking up on us and it’s time to retire the high rise booty shorts that have been a staple for the past few summers. Sure, Bermuda shorts cut everyone’s bodies in the wrong places, but you’ll never have to worry about your butt cheeks showing again!

8.  Flip flop wedges

These actually look really good with Bermuda shorts, but you can wear them with denim skirts and distressed flared jeans, too. It’s honestly so unfair that we weren’t legally able to go to bars when flip flop wedges were in their prime, because they would be so comfortable to wear to the club. Sammi Sweetheart rocked them all of the time at Karma! Let’s bring them back.

APRIL FOOLS! Let’s keep our fingers crossed that none of these trends ever grace our closets again. 

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.