This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Spring seems to have sprung in Orono, folks, and that means its time to shed our winter layers and get outside while the sun lasts! After months of hibernation, and only being able to drink inside, here are a few things to get you out and about to see our very loved friend, vitamin D. 

1. Go to the Bangor City Forest Orono Bog Walk 

It’s short so it doesn’t take much time out of the day if you’re busy or have other plans, plus the view is pretty!

2. Run outside  

If that’s your thing… The trails behind campus are perfect for it.

3. Drink on a patio

Between Fam Dog in Orono, and all of the places on the Bangor Waterfront like Seadog, High Tide, and Mason’s, there are tons of places for you and all of your pals to be able to relax and soak up some sun.  

4. Hang out on the mall

If you have some work to do still, it’s the perfect place to hang out, and you’re almost guaranteed to see a cute dog, and maybe even a cute dog owner.

5. Go to Acadia 

It’s a little bit of a drive but the summer tourists haven’t all come up yet so there is still time to enjoy the park while its not too busy.

6. Darty!

Every Black Bear’s favorite spring pastime!

Happy Spring collegiates! 

Photos: 1, 2, 3

Calen is a fourth year Mass Communications major with a Marketing minor and a Psychology minor at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Alpha Phi and enjoys hiking at home in the Rocky Mountains, traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends.