This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As the semester comes to a close we are usually so busy with exams and final papers that it tends to sneak up on us. One minute we are cramming for the exam and the next we are eating dinner with our parents at home wondering how we mentally blacked out for the week.  Being the weekend after finals, I’ve noticed a trned in how I always feel after the semester is over:

1. WTF?

Like I said, how did I just black out for a week? Seems like we were just home stuffing ourselves, with well, stuffing, and now the semester is over??

2. Grades?

Wow I did way better than I expected or thought I was way smarter until finals ravaged my brain…

3. Where’s my beer?

We’re finally done- we’re ready to shake off that final and have some freaky fun with our freaky friends! 

4. Wait did I actually do everything?

I swear I still haven’t passed in my poster for BIO 10 freshman year…

5. When’s the first day of classes next semester?

Because as much as we love to complain about studying, school is awesome. 

Photo: 1

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.